On The Other Side of This Life

24
On The Other Side of This Life

Temporal Zone

His fuchsia eyes traveled down the line of Legends gawking at him.

"Either I'm super stoned or you just said you have two dads? And not in the way that it makes sense." Said Behrad, turning from Angelfire to Nate.

"Yeah, I'm used to weird but this is... this takes the cake." Ava agreed.

Angelfire looked at Sara. "I told you it was gonna sound crazy. I told you," He added.

Sara nodded. "You did tell me."

"Trust me, this is pretty common for beings like me. Ask Wonder Woman, everybody's a Demi God these days." He said with a shrug.

"Who?" Asked Behrad.

"Can I just.. I think we're all confused about the mechanics of it. Would you care to explain it, if you could?" Ray Palmer chimed, trying his best to be politically correct.

"It's not that complicated, Ray. I could show you if you wanted?" Angelfire suggested.

"That would help.." Trailed Nate with an eager nod.

"There'll be no weird birthing projections today thank you very much." Sara snapped. Sara cleared her throat. "Okay, focus, people." She ordered.

Mick groaned. "Basically, everybody here wants to know if you were pushed out of a butthole. If so, whose butthole was it?" He asked before taking a swig of beer.

Nate, Ray, and Ava grimaced. Ava, Sara, and Behrad sighed. John Constantine rolled his eyes at them.

"What? You were all thinking it," Mick defended.

"Well, yeah, but you didn't have to say it like that.. He--" An elbow from Sara cut Nate off.

"I wasn't born out of anyone's butthole." Angelfire said.

"Well, how? 'Cause I've met both of your fathers, your male fathers." Ray said.

He sighed and put a hand to his forehead. If only there was a way to explain the logistics without confusing them even more.

"Supernova isn't male or female, Supernova just is. They may have worn a male's body—and identified with said body, but he could just as easily transform into anything or anyone else. He could've been a woman, or a dog, or anything my father could've fathomed up. I'm not sure why he chose to be male, but his gender is not mine or yours to question." Angelfire explained.

"Okay, that makes sense." Ray chirped, a friendly smile on his face.

"It does?" Asked Nate and Mick.

"Yes," He nodded. "Sorta. I think Rebecca Silver might need a new typewriter.. And a beer."

"So what does that make you, Mate?" Asked John.

"Oh, I'm male. I was born male, I identify as a male. My 'father' is life energy and can manifest as whatever, but this is who I am." He rambled.

"If we're done with the crash course in Gender Identity, I'd like to move on to why you're here. The story you told us was riveting but what does Thanagar have to do with us?" Sara asked.