Marred Souls

38
Marred Souls

Earth-9

Wade's breath hitched as he got down on his knees for Red Hood. He shook his head and looked up. Coming face to face with the helmet.

"Well are you gonna unbuckle or do I have to do that too?" Asked Wade.

Red Hood unbuckled the belt. He loosened the belt and eased the bloody hem of his pants downward. He hissed at the sting.

Wade grimaced. "Jesus, Jay, of all the places to get shot." He shook his head.

"It's not like I put a sign on my gut saying 'shoot me in the dick' it just happened. Can you get the bullet out or not? It's starting to sting." Jason removed his helmet. His raven hair spilled over his face, forming a veil around his evergreen eyes.

Wade almost replied with sass. Instead, he exhaled again and used a table to hoist himself up. He put his hands on Jason's chest and gave him a slight push.

Jason fell back on the stool near Wade's succulents. He grunted. "Don't be so rough, Babe, there's a bullet near not-so-mini-me." He said through a discomforted smirk.

"It's like you're begging me to bully you right now," Said Wade as he vanished down an isle of flowers.

The back room of their flower shop always reminded Jason of a garden. Jason pressed the tip of his finger against an agave blue glow with a truly unnatural blue glow. Almost instantly, he felt a rush of euphoria shoot through him. The sting of his gunshot vanished.

Wade returned with a medical kit. He noticed the look on Jason's face and sighed. "Please tell me you did not just get high off of the obviously mutated plant our daughter sprouted yesterday?"

Jason broke into dazed cackles. He shrugged weakly. "I was in pain. Man, this is the good stuff." He spoke in slow motion.

"Well I guess I won't even need to use this." Wade set the medical kit aside. He approached Jason with a grimacing smirk.

Wade knelt down before Jason again. He pressed his warm hand on the wound in Jason's pelvis. He felt Jason tense so he looked into the man's unfocused eyes.

"If I knew I had to get shot for you to touch me like this, I would've shot myself." Jason slurred just a bit.

"You really can't turn it off, can you?"

"Not even if I tried," Jason shut his eyes and leaned back.

"That's gonna make this even more satisfying." Wade's veins bulged from his wrist. He channeled the mystic forces inside of him, channeled The Red, and healed Jason's wound. But he made sure it hurt like hell.

Jason bolted upright once Wade finished. The excruciating pain sobered him instantly. He caught Wade's hands and locked them in a death grip. "You Sonofa-"

"Bitch? Yeah, that's been established Jay. But I suggest you loosen your grip, or else I'll have to come out of retirement and KO your ass." Wade threatened with a playful grin.