Enter Darkseid

41
Enter Darkseid

Thanagar

Nightwing, Troia, and Starfire slipped out of the jet and onto a roof. The ledge offered them a perfect vantage point on the traffickers. Their bodies moved like silhouettes across the roof, careful not to be discovered by the scouts.

"What the hell is your sister doing here and why the hell can't she stay dead?" Donna hissed to Kory.

"Coming from the Amazon with nine lives? I had no idea Blackfire was still alive. I melted her to ash in the war."

"They used a Fatherbox to heal her. Blackfire doesn't matter right now, none of them do. Right now all that matters is the 3 of us finding a way onto their cargo ship."

The lenses in Nightwing's mask zoomed on the entrance to the warehouse. 3 envoys slipped out of the entrance. They had on full military gear, Apokoliptan armor at that. The best stuff in the multiverse.

Though their suits were impenetrable, Nightwing was struck with an idea.

"And how do you expect to do that? We're not kids." Troia asked.

"But we would make excellent prisoners of war," Starfire suggested. "My sister would live for the day she captured me."

"What if she just kills you?"

"Okay, Donna, are you gonna make a suggestion or are we supposed to save Alister using the sheer force of your pessimism?"

"I'm just saying none of our plans sound like plans; they sound like half-baked ideas."

"New plan: Both of you shut the fuck up and pay attention." Suggested Nightwing, annoyed.

Starfire and Troia shared a look. Their gazes migrated to Nightwing.

He felt their eyes burning through his suit. His cheeks burned. "You want to hit me don't you?" He asked.

"In the face," Starfire said.

"Right in the nuts," Said Troia.

"Look, those guys down there are our window. We take them out, take their suits, and we're in." He motioned to the envoys below.

Starfire peeled her eyes off Nightwing and squinted at the soldiers below. "I'm game." She said. "If it pleases her Royal Highness."

"Bitch, you're a literal queen."

"I can't rule a planet that doesn't exist anymore. Wait, where's Dick?" Starfire glanced over Troia's shoulder.

Troia looked over the ledge. Nightwing had leaped off a 5 story building without so much as a grappling gun. Or a warning. She rolled her eyes. "I hate it when he does that."

Nightwing's boots hit the first envoy's chest. The impact sent the soldier flying into a trash bin. The NOVA gun skidded to his partner's foot.