On The Darkest Night

37
On The Darkest Night

Thanagar
1 Year Ago

Superman and the Nth Flyer ignited the night sky with a fierce battle. The moonlight bathed the Nth Flyer's golden skin with an otherworldly glow. Sparks rippled off of him with every blow Superman delivered.

Electricity crackled around his skin. Danced through every ridge and bulge of muscle he had. Even around his eyes. The high point of the current were the tips of his wings.

That energy resounded in his fists. Waited to be redistributed in a sickening blow, just as it once did with his mace.

Superman moved with the blink of an eye. Shockingly, so did Alister. His wings and his legs pushed him faster and harder than ever before. His fists hardened to match and counter the might of the Man of Steel.

For every blow they traded, shockwaves rippled. Buildings crumbled from the force alone. Parademons exploded whenever they neared. The high rises of Enndupar crumbled. 

Superman jabbed his face. He blasted lasers from his eyes that hit Nth Flyer in the chest as he rocketed from the sky. When the Nth Flyer crashed to solid ground, Superman flew after him.

He smashed through a building. Killed every Thanagarian inside. The building collapsed around him. Superman was the only being left standing.

"For Thanagar!" Called a Resistance leader as her men flew towards Superman. She sprayed Superman with her machine gun. Her battalion rushed him.

For a moment Superman vanished in the crowd. Then his red eyes began to twinkle. He didn't stop shooting his lasers until they cut every soldier, their leader included, to pieces.

"Murderer!" A young boy screamed. Tears streamed from his eyes as he picked up a soldier's weapon. The boy's wings lifted him in the air, headed for his death no doubt.

Superman's nostrils flared as he glared at the boy. He levitated in place for the boy. A wicked smirk spreading like the red light in his eyes. Before he could laser the boy to death, Nth Flyer tackled him.

They flew threw the air and crashed into an apartment building. A chorus of screams filled the kitchen. Nth Flyer kicked Superman off of him. Sent the Kryptonian sailing into the living room.

"Mommy he's hurting the Great One!" A young girl cried.

Her mother grabbed her. She pulled the girl behind a cabinet for shelter.

Nth Flyer soared towards Superman. He rammed his fist into Superman's jaw. The blow caused a resounding pop.

Superman turned to the side. He rolled his jaw and spat out a tooth. He turned to the Nth Flyer with pure fury in his ultraviolet eyes. The purple light was drowned out by a violent red.

"Don't hurt him!" The girl screamed. She ran forward and hit Superman with a pot.

"Annie!" Her mother screamed. She snatched the girl by her arm.