No One's Here To Sleep

13
No One's Here To Sleep

"Who took her?" Alister asked Wade.

"Was it my sister?" Kory asked.

"I don't know. I branched out to The Green and made a connection but it was severed once they found her. I couldn't see who took her." Wade explained quickly.

"Oh my God, this is all my fault." He said. He felt sick to his stomach. "It's all my fault." He said again.

"Wade, you didn't know." Rose said. Her voice filled with compassion for the first time.

Wade rushed to a trash bin. He curled over the mouth and hurled into the trash. His insides trembled. They burned with poison.

"I should've known," He said as he wiped his mouth with his sleeve. "She heard me speaking. Sh-she thought I was there. I led them right to her."

"You can't branch out to her again?" Dick asked.

"No. Look, I wasn't coming in here to ask for a round table discussion, I was letting you people know that I didn't just ghost you. I'm leaving."

"Wait!" Alister called after him. He got Wade to stop in the doorway. "Take some backup with you. The team has been targeted multiple times this month. You'll need someone on your side."

"I couldn't ask that of-"

"Bullshit. I'm coming." Rose volunteered. "Give me a minute." She said before she ran down the hall. Likely to change into her super suit.

"There was an explosion," Wade said to the others. "I heard an explosion before the connection was severed. Do you... Is she..." He couldn't even say the words.

"She's not dead, Wade. What you heard was probably a Boom Tube." Kory said.

"A what?"

"We only just learned a name for the Motherbox's teleportation. It's called a Boom Tube. That's how they travel through dimensions, space, you name it. That's how Blackfire got away." Dick explained.

Wade's chest tightened. "S-so you're saying she could be anywhere right now? Oh God." He felt the need to hurl again.

"We'll find her, Wade. You go and we'll coordinate from here." Alister assured him.

Wade nodded and turned on his way. He met Rose and Jericho by the elevator. His brows dipped. "Jericho, what are you doing?"

"I'm coming with you. If that's okay." Jericho informed. His fingers and face softened as he signed.

"It's fine. Let's move out." Wade said. He pressed the button just as Rachel came running.

"Wait! I'm coming too."

"Rachel.."

"No protests, you need me. I have the same powers as Calvin, I'm stronger than those two, and I can teleport us where we need to be." She listed her credentials quickly.

"Since when can you teleport?" Jericho asked.

"I open portals, Cal teleports and open portals. Teleporting is way more dangerous so I'm the safer bet. You learn a lot about yourself when your dad isn't screaming inside your head anymore." Rachel said.

She exhaled and turned away from the group. She put her hand out and shut her eyes. Her gemstone glowed like blood. "Where do you want to go?" She asked.