UNKNOWN NUMBER

19
UNKNOWN NUMBER

Titans Tower

"I'll never tell you a thing." Kay spat.

Dick tied her to a chair in the basement. The coarse rope that bonded her hands and legs to the chair were so tight that each movement broke skin. Her rotten, grayish skin offered little protection from the ropes. Black blood stained the frayed strands of rope.

Dick stood in front of her. His brawny arms crossed his broad chest. He scrutinized her with a calloused glare. A glare that wouldn't waver. A pitcher of his determination.

"Who do you work for?" Dick asked. A question he'd asked her well over a hundred times since they'd brought her in the night before.

Knockout rolled her eyes. She deflated in the chair. "How many times do I have to to tell you? I'm not saying anything to you! I will only speak to Supernova."

Kory, who stood near the back wall, stomped her foot. The clap of her boot on the concrete roused Knockout to sit up straight.

"We should just kill her," She said to Dick.

"We can't. If we kill her, we'll never find out what they did to Tulip." He said to Kory.

Knockout snickered. "Shame," She said. "That poor child is going to pay for the sins of her father. But you would know all about, wouldn't you Dicky? Wouldn't your precious Alister?"

Dick almost lost his composure. He almost snapped when she mentioned his fiancé. He caught himself. He knew better, Bruce taught him so.

"We can't kill her," He said without taking his deadly glare off of Knockout. "But we can incentivize her to give us answers." He said.

Knockout scoffed. "You have nothing to offer me." She said.

"Actually, I do. I've been watching you. You may be dead or undead, but you still feel pain. Ask me how I know." He said. He took a slow step towards her. Towering like a guillotine.

Knockout stared back at him. She challenged his power though she knew she couldn't win. "How?" She asked.

"You wince every time you move. The ropes, they're burning you. Cutting you raw. It hurts, doesn't it?" Dick asked.

He knelt in front of her. He took her lack of an answer as his answer. He chuckled inwardly. "Now if a few rope burns hurt that much, imagine how agonizing a little Starfire will be." He said.

Dick rose a brow at Kory.

Kory stepped forward, a half smile. "Let's find out, shall we?" She played along. Her eyes erupted in green light.

Kory slammed both her hands on Knockout's shoulders. The woman's rotting bones cracked under the pressure. Orange light danced underneath Kory's cocoa hands.

Knockout scoffed. "Oh please, you wouldn't dare. I know what you Titans are about." She said.

Dick's cellphone went off. He sighed and pulled it from his back pocket with a quickness. He hoped to see his fiancé's name on the caller ID. Of course, it wasn't.

He stood up. "She's all yours Kory, I gotta take this." He said.

Dick stepped out of the room as Kory quite literally fired up. He shut the door quickly. He answered Hank's phone call.