Chapter 13 : Under the sea.

Dream POV

So, Nightmare and I agreed. We are going to force Xcellence out of the abyss.

Night is actually speaking to him and asking him questions about a book. I sneak into my brother's room and find what I was searching for. The crown of the Queen. It matches Xcellence's one, since it is supposed to be for his spouse. I put the note and leave. Nightmare joins me to our meeting point and we rush. Blueberry and Black sigh and follow us.

Xcellence POV

I go back to my office and work. Once night is growing close I head to my room. My gaze goes to the cushion where should be (Halluciv's) the Queen's crown... To see it isn't here and instead there is a note.

"We are bringing this crown to its rightful owner."

I recognize Dream's writing. I rush out and call for Wine, the head of the royal guard. He rushes here.

Wine : Yes my king ?

Xcellence : No time to explain, follow me.

He raises an eyebrow but follows me anyway.

We rush to the Lamia island. I spot Dream and Nightmare talking with Halluciv.

He seems to be scolding them.

Dream : But Halluciv... We wanted you to see him again...

Halluciv : I get it... But your brother hates me. That's why he doesn't want to see me. He finally got rid of the "annoying" Halluciv...

W-what ? He thinks I... That's true. I never actually told him I loved him back then.

I sigh and cough to get their attention.

They all turn around and Halluciv seems about to cry. He turns and leaves.

I jolt and hesitate to call him.

A mortal gets out of behind a bush to grab his arm. I jolt and get in front of my brothers and summon my weapon, a rapier.

Nightmare : Ah, hello, Killer.

Killer : Hello...

He looks at Nightmare then returns his attention to Halluciv.

They whisper for a bit, before Halluciv sighs and nods. He turns back and slithers toward us, while rubbing his arm and facing down.

Killer : Dream, Nightmare. Come. I will show you something cool.

My siblings hurry up after him. Nightmare hands me back the crown. I glance at Wine so he follows them.

He nods and goes after them.

Halluciv : Everything is alright, down there ?

Xcellence : Yes. And for you ?

Halluciv : ... Marvul and I are the last Lamias... But it is less lonely now Killer and his friends are here.

They are... The last Lamias ?! I never heard of it.

Halluciv : ... Sorry, that's depressing...

He isn't cheerful like before... I should have stayed in touch.

I swim near him and pull him in a hug. I feel him jolt and shake. He is holding back.

Xcellence : I am sorry. I should have stayed in touch. I should have been here for you. I am a failure of a boyfriend.

He grabs me and cries.

Halluciv : I missed you. So much... I felt dead inside... My soul was craving for you... I spend my days looking at the sea...

He cries and I hug him softly. I really let him suffer... I should maybe... I take a deep breath and pull apart from the hug. I wipe his tears away.

Xcellence : ... Luciv... I have something to tell you.

I blush a bit because it has been so long since I used his nickname.

Xcellence : I don't want to leave you again... But as a king, I can't stay here with you.

He nods sadly.

Xcellence : ... That's why that crown exists. It would allow you to live underwater with me. To be my Queen... But, you wouldn't... Be able to see your brother as much as you do now. I didn't want to tell you about it before. Because I didn't want you to have to pick between Marvul and me. I know your brother takes better care of you than I could ever do. But it isn't fair to rob you from that choice...

He is staring at me.

Halluciv : ... You are saying... If I take that crown... I won't ever see Marvul again...?

Xcellence : No. You just won't see him as frequently, that's all. You can ask Wine to bring you back here from time to time.

Halluciv : ... I... I need to talk with Marvul... It would be selfish to choose alone...

I nod.

Xcellence : I will wait here.

I let him go and he rushes to get Marvul. I sit by a rock and sigh, looking at the crown. Was it a good idea ?