Chapter 6 : New moon.

Template POV

I sigh on the port. There is so much work... Myriad offered to help me, since Error has Killer. We need to make sure we have everything so we can live here, without abusing the Angels' and Lamias' help. I should maybe walk a bit...

While I do so, I spot someone I don't know. I am approaching carefully and spying on them. That a normal skeleton. He seems lost in thought. He has a blank face.

Template : ... Excuse me ?

He jolts and turns around. He seems surprised before going back into his lifeless face.

Template : Who are you ?

? : ... ... ....

Template : Oh sorry, I should introduce myself before asking right ? I am Template.

I bow a bit.

? : ... Pale.

He spoke so softly I thought it was the wind. I walk closer to him and sit down. I am not too close just in case.

Template : The sea is beautiful...

Pale seems to slightly nod.

Template : Not much of a talker, huh ? If I am bothering you, tell me.

I chuckle and rub my neck.

Pale : ... Fine...

The silence gets a bit awkward so I more or less... Ramble about everything... Pale just listen (maybe ?) to me without a word.

Meanwhile, Error POV

I go to the dock to look at my boat. I betrayed the military, but if I didn't, I would have lost my brother... I must be considered as a pirate right now.

I sigh again. I then hear a voice. It seems someone is singing. I follow it and see at a pretty hard to access spot a skeleton singing and dancing.

He seems to have fun. I sit down and listen to him. After a while, I surprise myself by humming along.

He seems to have heard me, because he stops and steps back.

? : Who is there ?

I sigh, get up and keep my hands visible.

Error : Sorry. I wasn't planning to scare you. Your song was just so beautiful I ended up humming along...

? : That's... Fine.

Error : I am Error. Can I have your name ?

? : ... Ink.

Error : Well, nice to meet you, Ink. Can I stay to listen to you ?

Ink : ... If you want...

I smile and sit under a tree. I listen to his song, with a smile.

At the twin angel house, Sun POV

Paint came and took his earthly form. So we are cuddling in my room. I missed him so much. He smiles and enjoys my embrace. He is drawing right now. Since the war, he only draws me when we are together. I stay with him, without a word. I know once dawn comes, I will have to leave him again, so I am "recharging".

Paint : Sun. Something happened ? Moon seems in a better mood.

Sun : Abyss came and brought some Mortals. Around 15 of them. Apparently, he became friends with two of them and they played music together. I was working at that moment. But when did you see Moon ?

Paint : When he was flying off the island. He was humming to himself. He never does that.

Sun : Hm... Maybe he has found his soulmate among them ? Apparently, Marvul could have too.

Paint : What ?

Eh. Even the ever so dead inside Paint is surprised.

Sun : Yes.

Paint : Whoah... I can hardly believe it. Or did you decide to prank me ?

Sun : Do I seem like the kind to do prank ?

Paint : As much as it seems possible for Marvul to love a mortal.

Sun : ... Your point. But I swear I told you the truth.

Paint : Welp, I will tell it to Ink.

Sun : The whole sea will know by the end of the week, like that.

He shrugs and puts down his "Sun sketchbook". He hugs me a bit and begins humming a song. I hug back and cover him with my wings. I hum along.

Third person POV

They all fall asleep. At dawn, Sun gets out and carries Paint to the sea. Paint kisses him before returning to the sea and jumping out the water for a bit.

Paint : See you next new moon, Sunshine.

Sun sighs and kisses his hand.

Sun : See you, Paint. Take care of yourself.

The angel flies away to do his work. Paint is joined pretty quickly by Pale and Ink (Error and Template fell asleep so they left them).

Ink : Hi, Painty.

Pale : ...

Paint : Hi. Is something wrong ?

Ink : ...

Pale : I got seen. By a mortal.

Ink jolts.

Paint : You too ?

Ink : ... Yes, sorry...

Paint sighs.

Paint : Don't worry. They got the trust of the Lamias and the Angels, apparently.

Ink : Really ?

Paint : Yes.

Pale : ...

He smiles a bit. Paint notices it, but doesn't say anything.

Ink : So we can come back ?

Paint : Yeah yeah. Let's go.

What the three Sirens don't know is that someone heard them.