Chapter 5 : At the farm.

Horror POV

Farmer is planning what to do and what to plant here. Good thing he brought a handful of seeds and the house was filled with tools. I let him ramble to go to see Plum.

He is sitting on a bench, curled up in a ball. I sit next to him.

Horror : ... How are you feeling, Plum ?

Plum : I-it should be... m-my question... Y-you nearly d-died...

He seems about to cry. I sigh and hug him softly. I put him on my lap.

Horror : I am tough, don't worry, Plum. ... But, you also need to try to talk with the others a bit. So, could you open up a bit ? At least with Farmer ? It is thanks to him, I am here today, after all.

Plum jolts and looks at me.

Plum : What... happened ?

Horror : ... That jerk didn't keep his promise... He left me to die from starvation. But I ran into Farmer, who gave me food and shelter.

Plum : ... And you started dating...

Horror : ... Yes. But, Plum, looks at me, please ?

He hesitantly does so. I cup his face softly.

Horror : I love you too. As much as I love Farmer. I know you deserve someone who can love you with all their soul, but I will never choose between you two... However, I do hope... The both of you could become friends, because I love you both so much... Could you, slowly give it a try ?

Plum : ...

He turns around, to look at Farmer, then me. He nods a bit.

Plum : So... I-I can stay by your side ?

Horror : Plum... o...

Farmer : Of course you can, buddy. You have no idea how much he missed you.

Plum jolts and turns toward Farmer, who grins.

Farmer : I am alright with Horror being in love with us both, so I hope we can be good friends, buddy. But don't force yourself and get better at your speed.

Plum nods shyly. I thank Farmer with a small smile, and he gives me a big grin.

Farmer : Well, I am going to begin preparing the earth. Horror, only come help me if you feel like you can. I know you tend to want to overwork yourself, for those you love.

I rubs my neck... He didn't forgive me for the time I overworked myself while being sick and hiding it from him, huh ?

Horror : Alright... Well, Plum and I are going to get the room prepared... Individual room, I guess ?

Farmer : Yes. Thank, Horror, Plum !

He goes to begin his work. I get up with Plum and we go prepare the different bedrooms. Mine is between Farmer and Plum's, so if Plum needs me, it is alright, and so Farmer won't have too much of a problem.

Plum then comes and pulls a bit on my sleeve.

Horror : Hm, Plum ?

Plum : W-what... c-can I do... t-to help you...?

Horror : Hm ? Oh, well... For now, I would say, getting better ? Then, you can see what to do over time. There is no need to rush things. Everyone here understands you suffered a lot, after all.

I smile and pet his skull softly. He blushes and nods shyly.

Plum : F-fine... ... H-horror...? I-I love you...

I stop petting. I am pretty sure I am a blushing mess, because 1), he told me he loves me, 2) he is too cute like that.

He looks up shyly, while I try to cover my huge blush.

Horror : I.. love ya too...

I throw a glance at him... It was a terrible mistake... He has a huge smile and is blushing.

So cute...

Plum POV

Horror suddenly passed out on the floor. I jolted and rushed outside to get Farmer. I grab his arm.

Farmer : Hm ? Plum ?

Plum : H-horror....

He lets go of his tools and follows me inside. He carries Horror bridal style and lays him on the couch softly. He then leaves for the kitchen.

Farmer : What happened ?

He goes get a cloth which he imbibed with cold water and puts it on Horror's foreskull.

Plum : ... I-I... told him... I-I loved him...

I fidget with my fingers. I throw him a shy glance. He goes from shock... to burst out laughing.

Plum : W-what ?

Farmer : He must have passed out from joy and your cuteness. He did me the same, but with embarrassment too... Oh my god, he is still so cute. Ahaha... Anyway, don't worry, he will be fine. He just needs to get used to receiving your love too. He is really shy, after all.

I nod. He pets my skull for a bit, gently. It isn't as nice as when Horror does it, but it feels nice.

Farmer : If you need anything, you can always come to me, Plum. I promised to Horror I would help him protect you, after all.

I blush and nod again.

Plum : T-thank y-you... F-farmer...

Farmer : No problem. Well, better go back on the field. See ya.

He gets out. I sigh and sit next to Horror, smiling.