Chapter 3 : The lamias.

Marvul POV

I can't believe they all decided to let those Mortals stay ! Especially Halluciv ! If it wasn't for those filthy Mortals, he wouldn't be away from Xcellence. He wouldn't be...

Ah, speaking of Luciv... There we go again. He is staring at the sea. Like always...

I slither near him and softly put a hand on his shoulder.

Marvul : Luciv... Go to sleep. He wouldn't want you to get sick.

Halluciv : ... Do you think... He even remember me ?

His voice cracked. He begins to cry and I carry him in my arms. I whisper sweet nothing to my little brother. I bring him back to his room. He falls asleep, while listening to the lullaby I sing for him.

I stroke his cheek and leave him to his dream. I sigh.

He became like that after being forcefully parted from his soulmate. I know how much we value and care for our soulmate, but he is making himself sick... I should try to see if there is something that could cheer him up. I swear, Xcellence could try to send him a letter at least.

I slither in the old library and notice a candle light. One of those Mortals is here ?

I snarl and go see who's there. Hm ? I didn't notice this one earlier.

A small skeleton with big orange eyes. He is wearing a green long robe. He is trying to understand our language ? I mean, that's a dictionary Lamia/Mortal. But I think they invented other languages since then, so good luck.

I go to look over his shoulder. What ? He actually seems to do pretty fine. Hm ? He is nodding off, though.

And he just fell asleep like that. Hm ? Is that...?

I go in his pocket and find medication against narcolepsy. Oh, so he has narcolepsy, that explains why banging his head so hard on the table didn't wake him up.

I stare at him. I put back the medicine in his pocket and blew the candle. I take him like a princess and bring him to a more comfy place to sleep in.

I lay him down and look at him. He seems so fragile... Like I could crush him if I am not careful.

He grabs my tail and cuddles it. I jolt in surprise before calming down. Guess I can stay. It won't hurt.

I wrap my tail around him and drift off to sleep. It has been so long since I actually slept well.

I wake up at dawn and see the small skeleton still asleep. I unwrap my tail and begin to skretch a bit... Then I see Halluciv looking at me with a lenny face.

Halluciv : Well, brother. Not all mortals are filthy huh ? You seem to like this one.

I snarl.

Marvul : What are you implying ?

Halluciv : Golly me ? Nothing.~ Hm ? Ah, he is waking up.

I turn around. Yes, he is waking up. He rubs his eyes sleepily and looks around. He looks so cute and defenseless like that.

Halluciv : Hello. I am Halluciv, and this is my brother Marvul. You are ?

He turns to us. He said his name was Chronicle.

Marvul : Are you narcoleptic ?

He jolts before nodding yes.

Halluciv : How did you...

Marvul : He has medication, even if he is running short on it and the way he fell asleep yesterday. He banged his skull pretty hard.

Halluciv : Oh.

Chronicle : Thank you for carrying me there.

He bows a bit.

Marvul : Why were you studying ?

Chronicle : Oh. I wanted to learn more about Lamia and the other species.

Halluciv : You can ask Marvul ! He is technically the Lamia's king.

Chronicle : "Technically" ?

Marvul : We are the only Lamia alive. The royal family has a longer lifespan... Everyone else died. So, I am a king with no subject.

Chronicle : O-oh... S-sorry...

Marvul : Don't worry about it... But why did you suggest me ?

Halluciv : Because I promised Reboot to help him make maps of the island. And you did read all those books.

Chronicle : Really ?!

He looks at me with star in his eyes. I sigh and nod.

Marvul : Fine.

Chronicle : Thank you so much !

He hugs me with a smile. I blush a bit and see Halluciv smirks at me. I glare at him and softly make Chronicle let go of me.

Marvul : Let's grab you a breakfast before.

Chronicle : Yes !

Halluciv POV

Hihihi... That's the first time I see Marvul being kind to someone in so little time. I wonder if he is his soulmate... Aah... Xcellence, how are you...?

I slither to the beach and look at the sea. I will go see Reboot after.