Chapter 12 : Under the storm.

Raspberry POV

I groan. I have to watch over a part of the sea where no mermaids go because of the Mortals. Great. There's a storm above and I see a ship sink.

I think I saw two Sirens leave. Well, I am sure one was a Siren, so I will assume the other one is too.

I also spot a skeleton monster among the humans. I think I already saw him.

I swim toward him and recognize the skeleton I met at the beach. He is in bad shape.

I sigh, grab him and swim above while going near the coast. He coughs and gasps for air, grabbing me for dear life.

I settled us on a rock near the coast. He still pants against me. After he gets a normal breathing he looks up and recognizes me.

Ccino : Thank you for saving me...

Ras : Yeah, yeah. What were you doing on that ship ?

He gulped and told me everything. He seems about to cry more than one time. I tell him he was the only monster I saw and he gets worried.

Ccino : Oh no... What if they are dead...? What if something happened to them ?

I cut him off when he began to say another "what if".

Ras : You redo the world with "what if". I will take you back on the island I met you. Then you will do whatever with your friends.

He nods. He looks so fragile and weak like that. Like he could break in seconds, if I look away.

Ras : First, I will have to find how to bring you... Maybe a dolphin will help.

I get underwater and call for a dolphin. One comes and I explain. It nods and we go to Ccino.

I helped him with the dolphin and we swam together. He was smiling a bit, surely because he realised how lucky he is to swim with a magnificent royal guard such as myself on a dolphin.

Once we are close enough of the island, I get Ccino back, pet the dolphin and swam. Ccino is hugging me while blushing. He is really shy huh ? How could someone harm him like that ?

Anyway, Halluciv sees us and rushes toward us. He takes off his cloak to wrap Ccino with it. They both thanked me and rushed on land.

... I will maybe ask to protect this island to his highness.

Meanwhile, Reboot POV

I turned in a Mermaid ? Or Siren ? I don't know. Eraser is swimming away from the ship.

He has a gray tail, and I can spot some tattoos on him.

He stops at some point and looks at me.

Eraser : Yup, you are fine.

Reboot : W-what are you ? And what am I ?

Eraser : ... I am a Siren. As for you, you would be considered a Mermaid because you have a soul.

He snaps his finger and a chain appears in his hand. Looking at the end, I notice a collar suddenly appeared on my neck.

Reboot : W-what...

Eraser : I need to be careful. You could try something stupid now I turned you. Like that, I won't lose you. We will go somewhere safe to see if you are comfortable with your new tail.

He pulls me against his chest and swims again. I grip on him, since I don't know what to do.

He stops in a cave. He lets go of me and stands in the entrance.

Eraser : Try to swim. I know it isn't instinctive for Mortals to swim like that.

I nod and try. I barely move. He sighs and comes near me. He showed me how to move by manipulating my body. I blush a bit at his hands snaking on my body, but he is really just showing me, judging by his tone and face.

He then goes back near the entrance.

I try again and succeed this time.

Eraser : You see. Not so hard.

He patted my skull while smiling. He really thinks of me as a pet.

Eraser : Still not good enough for you to be too far from me though. We will practice from time to time.

I nod. I want to go back home... He then pulls me against him and hides behind rocks.

Eraser : Time to sleep.

I nod since he clearly doesn't give me a choice.