Chapter 15 : Hope

Chronicle POV

I was looking through the books when I found something.

Chronicle : Marvul ?

He opens a socket. He spent most of his time laying somewhere near me. I wonder why.

Chronicle : Is what is written here true ?

He gets up and slithers near me. He pulls me on his lap and puts his skull on mine to read. Why can't he take the book like everyone else would ? I am pretty sure I am blushing and I know I can't escape his arms.

Actually, his clinginess became worse since I nearly was captured too. He is always around, I know it.

Marvul : Oh. Yeah. I don't know Life and Death all that well, but yeah. There is an angel going for each.

Chronicle : Could they heal Geno ?

Marvul (?) : Yes.

He blinks a bit.

Chronicle : Why didn't you tell me ?

Halluciv : Hum... Should I come later ?

Marvul : Nah. My power activated, that's all.

Chronicle : Huh ?

Halluciv : If you ask Marvul about something, it can happen that his power activates and answers for him. Especially if he lets his guard down like right now.

Marvul : ... Why do I smell that monochrom fish on you ?

He is glaring.

Halluciv : ... Because... He is here ?

Marvul puts me down and storms out of the library. Halluciv and I rush after him. When we finally reach him, he is glaring at a Mermaid with all the hate in the world.

Marvul : How dared you come back after all this time ?

Halluciv rushes to separate them, wrapping his tail protectively around the Mermaid.

Halluciv : Let senpai alone, Marvul !

Marvul : No ! He doesn't deserve you ! Not after what he did !

I move closer and hear a snap. I walk on a stick. They all turn to me. Halluciv with pleading eyes, the Mermaid is just confused and Marvul has gone from angrier to calm down a bit when seen it is me.

I come closer and hug him.

Chronicle : Let Halluciv speak at least.

He looks at me, before sighing. He grabs me and puts me on his lap. I think hugging me calms him down.

The Mermaid is shocked and Halluciv sighs in relief.

Halluciv : Thank you, Chronicle. I present to you my senpai, Xcellence, the king of the Mermaid.

Xcellence snaps back in reality and nods a bit to greet me. I wave him and hear Marvul hissing.

Halluciv : Now... Marvul, take a deep breath, because I know you are going to snap.

He lets go of Xcellence who swims back a bit. Halluciv stand in the middle.

Marvul : What did he do ?

He is going to snap.

Halluciv : ... He offered me to follow him in the abyss. But I wouldn't be able to see you everyday like right now...

I feel Marvul shaking. He is hugging me tightly and says nothing. Halluciv is facing down and Xcellence is... Blinking in shock ? I look up.

Marvul has tears at the corner of his eyes. I struggle a bit to move around and wipe them. He looks at me, then back at his brother. He takes a deep breath.

Marvul : You have my blessing.

Halluciv snaps his head back up in shock. Xcellence blinks even more. I think he was expecting Marvul to just kill him.

Halluciv : Really ?

Marvul : Whatever your decision will be, I will be wishing for your happiness... And he is your happiness.

He smiles sadly.

Marvul : But. If he makes you sad, I will snap his neck and kill him.

He glares at Xcellence who nod. Halluciv comes and stares at me.

Chronicle : Marvul, let go.

Marvul looks at me and nods. I get out of his arms and Halluciv pulls him in a bear hug. Marvul buries his face in his brother's neck. I smile. I walk toward Xcellence.

Xcellence : ... I think the only reason he agrees is you.

Chronicle : Huh ?

Xcellence : Now, he knows what it is like to have a soulmate, so he understands Luciv craving to be with me... Because he doesn't want to let you go.

Chronicle : H-huh ?

I feel myself blush. The twins come back and Marvul hugs me.

Halluciv : I will get my things. Oh, and for your discussion, Chron. You should ask Abyss, Sun and Moon. Especially Abyss. He has the same age as Death and was close of Life.

I nod. Halluciv slithers away after pecking Xcellence's cheek. Marvul and I leave. I wave goodbye to Xcellence who nods at me.

I must have dozed off, since I woke up in the angels twin's house.

Sun : Ah, hello Chronicle.

Ah, it is night time already ? Marvul rushes in the room to hug me.

Sun : I will go inform Error and Template from your finding.

Chronicle : Huh ?

Marvul : Death still lives in this plan. We can ask him to cure Geno.

I open huge eyes at it and look at Sun who nods at me. I smile and hug Marvul. He smiles and kisses my foreskull. I blush.