Chapter 9 : Feast

Third person POV

The crew came back. Plum tackles hug Horror with a huge smile, Farmer not far behind. Cross and Robin hug each other, since they rarely got separated for so long. Template and Error leave to make a report to each other.

Anyway, they all party happily to all be together again.

Error POV

I left the party to get some quiet. I head where I met Ink and I notice him humming and drawing in the sand.

Error : You know paper is better for it.

He gets startled then sees it is me.

Ink : Oh, Error. How are you ?

Error : Fine, thank you. And you ?

Ink : I am doing great. Why aren't you at the party ?

Error : I hate noisy and crowded things.

Ink : Oh. So why do you stay with me ?

Error : Hm... First, this place is calmer. Second, I think I hope to hear you sing again... Dear Siren.

He jolts and turns to face me.

Error : Figure

Ink : How...?

Error : I know all the mortals of the island. You are not a Lamia, Neither an Angel. So I took the guess you were my favorite out of the last two.

I lay down. I notice he blushes a bit.

Error : And Mortals remember Siren for their beautiful breathtaking voice. That's what your song was, so... Easy.

Ink : ...

Error : I won't tell anyone. I never slept so well as that night when I listened to your voice.

He blushes rainbow. He is cute when flustered.

Ink : So, you want me to sing ?

Error : Yeah. If you want, next time I can bring you something you want.

Ink : Really ?!

I chuckle and nod.

Ink : In this case... I want a sketchbook and paint.

Error : Fine by me.

He seems overjoyed. He begins to hum a song and I close my eyes, enjoying the peaceful moment.

Meanwhile, Template POV

I go away from the party to draw a bit. After a while, I notice Pale looking over my shoulder. I jump.

Template : Pale ! Signal yourself, please. You scared me.

He nods and hands me back my sketchbook.

He sits by me.

Template : What ?

Pale : ... Can I... Look ?

He tilts his head. I nod and resume to my drawing. I don't even notice Pale is resting his head on my shoulder before I stop drawing to evaluate my work. I jolt and blush.

Template : P-pale... Please let go.

Pale : ...

He seems... Disappointed. I rub my neck.

Template : Sorry... I-I am just not at ease... with physical contact...

He nods.

Third person POV

During the party, Myriad notices either Reboot or Chronicle are here and leaves to search them, with Ccino.

He knows Error and Template left because they warmed him, And both know how to fight anyway. As for Harvest, he never was the party type, so he stayed at home, watching over Geno.

Myriad POV

We call for my brothers with Ccino but don't get an answer... Until we hear a call for help. It was Chron's voice.

We rush to reach in the direction. We see a group of dark figures holding Chron and Boot.

Boot is unconscious and carried away by them while Chron tries to fight.

I rush to help my brother when I notice Chron is about to fall asleep.

The guy holding Chron let go of him, so I threw him to Ccino. He gets Chron, but the guy chokes me with my scarf.

Guy 1 : You little...

Guy 2 : Hey, don't kill him. Skeleton monsters are the best "pet" once they are trained. The more we have, the better.

I try to kick and get free, but I lose consciousness.

Ccino POV

Oh no. Myriad fainted too. I won't be able to protect Chronicle alone.

The group walks toward me and I take a step back with Chronicle. He isn't heavy, but since I have no strength... I won't be able to carry him to safety. What do I do ?

I stumble on a root and fall. Those guys grab me and take me away. I trash around and scream, while only one of them goes get Chronicle. His group takes me to their boat, with the tied up and unconscious brothers.

They tie me and slap me so I would shut up.

We then hear another voice.

? : Let go of him.

That voice... Marvul ?! The guys turn around to see Marvul, still in the forest, his tail hidden by the bushes. He is glaring at their companion holding Chronicle.

Guy : Or what ? Come skeleton. One slave more means more gold.

Marvul : You filth.

His tail lounges at the guy who gets startled because he didn't expect it. Marvul gets Chronicle back and inspects him for wounds, while everyone is understanding they just saw a Lamia.

Some of them got down the boat, thinking about capturing Marvul. Their more reasonable "friends" decided to leave immediately (without releasing us, though).

So from the scream I am hearing, I would say their friends are dead or not so far from it.

We got to the ship and those guys dropped us in front of the captain, a human and... A skeleton monster. He looks a bit like Killer. I swear, they could be long lost siblings.

Captain : Good work guys. Eraser, you can pick your prize among them.

The skeleton nods and looks at me. He then looks at Myriad and Reboot.

Eraser : ... I will take the shorty.

He is indicating Reboot. The captain nods and the guys grabbed Myriad and I and dragged us into rooms. Myriad seems to be in the one next to me.

Guy 1 : Time to train the "pet".

I get shoved on the bed.