Chapter 4 : The Angels.

Moon POV

I take my violin and go to the clearing in which I practice.

I begin to play and close my eyes.

After some time, I hear a guitar playing along with me and I stop and look around. That's one of the triplet.

Myriad : Hello... Sorry, I kinda wanted to join you... Well, I guess Robin's piano would go better.

Moon : Oh, some of you play music ?

I guess I must be smiling, because he chuckles.

Myriad : Yeah. I play guitar, my little brother, Chronicle knows how to play flute too and Robin plays piano.  Well, I dunno if there is one here though.

Moon : There is. Come.

I take my violin and show him the old music studio. I just prefer playing in the middle of nature.

Myriad : Great. I will get Robin.

He puts his guitar and rushes out. I can't stop myself from grinning.

After a bit, Myriad comes back with Robin. One of the black and white twins. He has a scar on the lower part of his right cheek.

Robin : Hello ?

Moon : Greetings.

Myriad : Can you play piano with us, please ?

He does him the puppy eyes and Robin sighs and gives in. He goes to the piano, makes sure everything is fine and begins to play. Oh, I know this one. I joined him with my violin. He seems surprised but smiles and seems to enjoy playing now.

We play along until Template knocks on the door with Cross.

Template : I am sorry to commit the sin to stop this beautiful symphony but lunch is ready.

Myriad : What, already ?

Robin : I never played that long.

Moon : Me either.

Cross : Ahaha. You can go back to your music once you ate. There isn't much anyway. We need to grow vegetables and all. Good thing Farmer came.

Myriad : I see.

We get up and I tag along. I don't eat, since I get my life force from the moon. Abyss is next to me. What surprises me though is Marvul is eating, with a mortal on his tail/laps without him complaining.

Moon : Huuuuh...

Halluciv : I know. Surprising, right ?

We turn. Halluciv is on a branch of the tree next to us.

Halluciv : Do you think they could be soulmates ?

Abyss : It would be great.

Moon : Hm.

Halluciv : ... Abyss. Do you miss Wine ?

Abyss : ... Most likely as much Sun misses Paint. Knowing Wine, he is fine.

We nod.

Abyss : I wonder how they are doing though.

Moon : Some Sirens are killing mortals from what I heard. Sometimes because they stupidly think they can steal their soul to make it their own.

Halluciv : That doesn't work like it though. They need to genuinely love someone.

Abyss : Go explain what is love to an emotionless being. Paint took centuries to understand.

Moon : Yeah. And he still doesn't have a soul. I feel bad for them though.

They nod.

Abyss : Oh by the way. I heard you played with Myriad and Robin all morning ?

Moon : Yeah. They are cool to be around. They are good friends I guess ?

Abyss : Yeah. They love joking and playing together.

Halluciv : Robin and Cross look a bit like Xcellence too...

We nod and look at Halluciv. He seems so sad. Lamias are really clingy to their soulmate, so being apart like it... This is torture for him.

Halluciv : I am fine... Moon, do you think you could find your soulmate along them ?

Moon : W-what ?!

I blush in neon blue.

Abyss : Well, I would say some are taken. Horror seems to be in love with that Plum guy he saved and is dating Farmer too.

Halluciv : Oh ? Could he be one of the split soulmates ?

Moon : You think ?

Halluciv : Well, yeah. He seems so close to both, so, maybe... Abyss ?

Abyss : I also think it is possible. As for the others, Sci and Outer are dating, which is one of the reasons they live together, and Myriad is out because Blue is in love with him.

We look at the mercenary. He is eating alone and looks at Myriad. That Killer guy comes to eat near him, but I think that to cover the fact he stares at Myriad.

Moon : Such an intense stare...

Abyss : Yeah.

Halluciv : Well, Chronicle seems out too, since Marvul is sticking to him so much.

We nod. In so little time, that island became more lively like before all this war. Error and Template seems to be discussing organisation there, alone.

Moon : Are Error and Template the leaders ?

Abyss : Yes and no. They are used to command others, since Error is a military captain and Template worked with the mayor of the town they all lived in... So yeah.

Moon : Oh.

Abyss : So everyone agreed on letting them discuss what to do next. Also, both are rational, so there is nothing to worry about. They will make sure everything is okay.

I nod. Abyss really trusts them, that's why he brought them here.

They finish lunch and we go back to our instruments. Myriad has to leave at some point so it ends up being only me and Robin. Our sound seems in perfect harmony like that. I never enjoy playing so much.