Chapter 18 : Deal

Third person POV

Reaper : Maybe I could do something, but I need to check something. Your friend here can guide you to my mansion. And well, I dunno what to do for the Merfolk.

Nightmare : ... Maybe we can...

Dream : We can try.

The twins close their eyes and their crown shines. They turn into earthly beings.

Moon : You can do that ?

Dream : Yeah. Thank to our crowns... but, it is tiring, and we can barely walk properly.

Nightmare : Even Xcellence is afraid of doing it.

Black : Your highness, don't you dare...

Cross : We will protect them, Black, is that alright ?

Black : ...

Blueberry : ... I think it is alright. Ink come, we are going to try to grab useful things from the boat.

Ink nods and drags Black. They all follow Killer. Horror carries Geno. Cross helps Dream walking and Killer does the same for Nightmare who is blushing.

Geno POV

I groan and wake up. The bed I am in is comfy. There is black... Silk (?!) covers and curtains.

I look around to see where I am. I spot a tall winged figure in the room.

It turns toward me and walks next to me. He bows.

? : Greetings, Geno. I am Reaper, the angel of death.

Geno : ... Are going *coughs* to kill me *coughs* ?

He stares at me.

Reaper : Are you afraid ?

Geno : ... For my... Brothers... Yes. Not for me... I am like that since... Months ago...

Reaper : ... There could be... A way to save you.

I look at him.

Reaper : But it won't be free. It is pretty... Complicated, let's say.

Geno : What... are you... planning ?

Reaper : Nothing much. A tiny little deal. You get to be alive, and I get what I thought was impossible by saving you.

Geno : ... What is... The price ?

Reaper : I will be the one to decide when you die. You won't die from anything, if I don't allow it.

Geno : So... You give me... Immortality ?

Reaper : Yes. Pretty good deal, right ? And I won't kill you in the year as a garanty.

Geno : ... I will be... healthy... enough to... watch... over my... brothers ?

Reaper : Yes.

His face soften.

Geno : ... Fine...

He smiles and shows me his hand. I weakly grab it. I feel a rush of energy and a freezing cold all of the sudden.

He sits by me and grabs my chin before I can understand anything... He kisses me, deeply and passionnaly. He hugs me and makes it so I can't push him away.

He only break the kiss when I am completly out of breath.

Reaper : You have no idea how long I waited for you, Geno. I won't ever leave you.

He kisses me deeply again. I try to push him, but fail. He seems so desesperate in each kisses, each second of it, like it could be the last.

We hear coughing. I jolt and try to push him away, while he continues and growls. He glares at the person.

Who seems to be Moon, who is holding back Error with someone help.

Error : Nightmare, let go of me !! I didn't bring Geno here so he would be raped !!

Nightmare : Stop it you moron !

Moon : You should let Nightmare explain why he is holding you back, Error. He is saving your life, right now.

Error : Huh ?

I listen to their conversation, since Reaper doesn't seem about to let go.

Nightmare : Angels are linked to what they symbolise. Moon brings the night where he goes...

Moon : So normally, touching Reaper means instant death.

I gasp in the kiss. Reaper took that opportunity to deepen it even more. I didn't think it was even possible.

Error : Huh... But Geno is alive.

Reaper finally breaks the kiss. I am a panting mess. He set me on the pillows with a smile and turns to face Error.

Reaper : Because he is my soulmate. He is the only one I can touch, which also make me the most loyal husband of the world. Now, excuse me, I have centuries of cuddling to get, so get out.

Nightmare : ... Don't make out with him on the first night.

Reaper : I promise he would stay a virgin for one year.

Moon : See Error. We can go.

Error looks at me, glares at Reaper and gets dragged out by the other two.

Reaper : Now, where were we ?

Oh no... Even if it is just kisses, he is too much.

Since I am still panting, he has no troubles slipping his tongue in.

Nightmare POV

Eraser got Ink who turned in his earthly form. Good thing it is the new moon. Ink sings a lullaby to calm down Error who fall asleep in his arms.

I sigh and go sit down in a couch. I feel someone pat my skull. I open an eye to see Killer looking at me. Hm, he seems a bit different. One of his pinprick is showing for once, and his soul isn't a target anymore. It is an upside-down red heart.

Killer : Tired ?

Nightmare : Yes...

Killer : Come. A bed is comfier.

I nod. He carries me bridal style, so I have to grab on him. I am a blushing mess, I know it.

He softly puts me on his bed, before laying next to me.

Nightmare : Good night... Killer...

I yawn. He chuckles and bring me close to him.

Killer : Good night, Nighty.

I hum and close my eyes, cuddling with him.

I get in the dreamscape and look around. Dream is there looking at a dream.

Nightmare : What are you looking at ?

He jolts.

Dream : Nightmare. You scared me. I waaaas....

He looks away.

Nightmare : ... Are you looking at Cross's dream ? Again ?

Dream : I-I want to make sure he is happy.

He is blushing like the sunshine he is.

Dream : Where are you sleeping ?

Nightmare : ... Why ?

Dream : ... ... Oh my stars. You are with Killer ?

I jolt and blush.

Nightmare : W-what ?

Dream : You would have answer if you were alone. And from your reaction... I got it right~

I groan in annoyance and look away.

Dream : Hihihi. I am happy hearing it.

Nightmare : ... Hm...

Dream : ... Night ?

Nightmare : He won't see me that way.

Dream : I think you are wrong.

Nightmare : Hm... How do you think they will get back ?

Dream : We will ask Reaper tomorrow.

I nod.