14.

The team walked into the East Allegheny police department with solem looks on their faces. Everyone was on edge as the case started to unfold.

The police all recognized JJ and welcomed her first before moving on to the rest of the team. You quickly learned they hadn't made the connection to JJ yet, so Hotch asked the team to keep your suspicions quiet. Not because he thought you could be wrong, but the team had a feeling the unsub was someone in uniform. If they knew you were onto them, JJ could be in serious trouble.

The first day in Pennsylvania passed slowly. The team had figured out most of the profile on the jet, so there wasn't a ton to do yet.

Morgan called Garcia every once and a while asking if she had found any suspects.

Spoiler alert: She hadn't.

By the time 8pm rolled around, you were all exhausted and not any closer than you were 5 hours ago.

Hotch popped back into the room and told you all to pack up and head back to the hotel to get some rest.

"Wanna be my roomie?" you joked with Spencer.

"Umm actually," Hotch interjected, "I assigned rooms. He's with JJ."

"Why?"

"Yeah, why?" Spencer added.

"I can't have you in the same room after hearing about your relationship. It's not my rule, it's the bureaus," he shrugs before adding, "Plus, someone needs to be with JJ."

"Morgan can room with JJ. Mr. 187 over here isn't gonna exactly protect her," you look at Reid, "no offence."

"No offence taken," he laughs, "but she's got a point Hotch. Morgan would be a lot more useful in this scenario."

"Morgan's with me since Rossi is out on leave. This puts Y/N with Emily and you with JJ. It's non-negotiable. Sorry guys."

You huff and roll your eyes before continuing to gather your stuff.

"What's that for?"

"Not in the mood, Spence."

"What? Are you jealous?"

"What! Jealous? Me?"

"You are!" He nods his head and laughs, "don't worry, I'll update you on everything JJ and I do in the morning."

You slap his upper arm and scowl, "Spencer Reid!"

"I was joking!"

"Mhm, sure you were. I know all about those football tickets from 2005."

"That was over 10 years ago! How did you hear about that? Were you even in the bureau back then?"

"I had just joined Matt's team, one of the youngest people to join the bureau, second only to you," you remind him, "and gossip travels fast, Dr. Reid. Especially between the only two profiling teams. You should know."

"Garcia." He rolls his eyes as he comes to the realization.

"My girl since 2005."

"Whatever. Let's go," he motions towards the door, "we can at least drive back together."

He picks up your hand and you start walking towards the door.

"Maybe the team finding out wasn't such a bad thing," you said.

"How's that?"

"You get to hold my hand on cases now."

"Oh, I intend on doing more than just hand holding."