Draco Malfoy

Soulmates

" Draco Malfoy! "

The hat roared and Y/n froze in her place. Her eyes met the icy grey orbs that were wide in surprise.

" Are you fucking kidding me? " She mumbled to herself and the hat as she got off and made her way across the hall and slumped beside the blonde, who was stiff and cold like always.

Across from her, Blaise Zabini and Hermione Granger, previously called soulmates shared a sad look with her.

You must be wondering what was happening?

Afted the War, everyone was called back to complete their remaining years at Hogwarts but the Ministry had also passed the marriage law.

The brother of Sorting Hat was choosing the soulmates, and it had the audacity of calling Draco Malfoy's name while it was placed on Y/n L/n's head.

The problem was, both Draco and Y/n disliked each other with passion. Both couldn't stand each other's presence and the whole damn school knew it.

Being in the same house never helped them. The two always argued and fought over silly things and led it to something serious.

That was the reason everyone was gaping at both Y/n and Draco, who looked like they didn't give two shits. But Y/n was panicking inside.

She might have a tough exterior, but from inside, she was vulnerable. Due to the war, and loosing her best friend in it, she was broken.

When there was finally time to recover, she was now stuck with someone she didn't like and everyone expected her to marry him and spend the rest of the life with him.

She bit her lower lip as she picked on her food which was sitting there, looking back at her and probably cursing at her to eat it already. She was in no mood. Even if she had the appetite before, it was suddenly drained down in the Black Lake.

She didn't know how her parents would react to it and she didn't know how to face Draco later. She knew he wouldn't cause a scene in public but to prove her wrong, Draco spoke up,

" Had to fucking say my name. I could probably live with Granger. " Y/n scoffed.

" Hold your horses, ferret. Hermione's taken. And please, not everyone is dying to spend rest of their life with you. Some of us have the despair."

Blaise watched them amused while Hermione blushed ever so slightly. Draco rolled his eyes but didn't say anything, which surprised Y/n.

" Harry Potter. "

Now that's what caught Y/n's attention. She watched as the boy nervously made his way up to the hat. She shot him a small smile as he met her eyes, and he returned one.

" Y/n L/n. "

JUST KIDDING.

" Luna Lovegood. " Y/n beamed. Harry smiled softly at Luna, who was still her dreamy self. The two made their way to the table.

" For a moment, I thought it'd take my name! " Y/n joked, hugging the life out of the boy, who chuckled. Hermione and Blaise laughed.

It was inside joke that she had created years ago when they met. Draco on the other hand, frowned and glared at Y/n.
Even though he had ended his differences and grudges with Harry, he didn't know why he felt annoyed.

" Ron Weasley. "

" Oh, boy! " Harry mumbled and Y/n giggled. " If it's not Pansy, I'll -"

" Pansy Parkinson! "