Naive (9)

**✿❀ ❀✿****✿❀
❀✿****✿❀ ❀✿**

Y/n was miserable from the inside. Three more weeks passed by and Draco hadn't done anything more than occasionly kissing her.

Not that she doubted him, she just hoped, even if there was something more going to happen between them, she was scared it'd be because of the bet.

All those lies blurred her mind as she tried to focus on the essay in front of her. She drummed her fingers softly to a rhythm, glancing at Pansy.

She was in library with Pansy while Blaise and Theo had decided to stay back in the common room. Y/n wanted to tell Pansy about everything, because it was the first time she didn't tell her something.

Sighing, she got up, it was nearing sunset and she desperately needed to cry alone. " Ugh! I miss that idiot! You don't mind if I go back, do you? "

Pansy grinned sheepishly and Y/n laughed, " Not at all. I was going to take walk anyway! "

Pansy nodded and collected her stuff, exiting the library and hurrying towards the common room to cuddle with Blaise.

As she turns another corner, she stopped. Ahead of her, stood Draco and Astoria. " How's the bet going, Draco? "

Astoria whispered seductively and Draco shrugged, " Just fine. " Astoria smirked, " Is she falling for you already? Remember, you have to break her heart after this week. "

She winked and Pansy gaped. " I know, babe. You really don't need to remind me that. "

" Aw.. Come here. " Astoria tugged Draco closer and smashed her lips against his. Draco hesitated, images of Y/n flashing across his eyes.

Pansy's books dropped the ground with a thud, her mouth agape and tears in her eyes. Draco whipped around, colour draining from his face.

" You asshole! " She whispered and Draco ran a hand through his hair,
" Pansy-"

" Shut up! How could you for this to her?! " Her voice trembled, " Malfoy, she's been in love with you since the third year. And you're just betting on her feelings? She's your best friend! "

Pansy screamed and Draco froze. " Oh, Pansy darling! Draco never wanted to be friends with her. " Astoria snickered and Pansy scoffed.

" You don't fucking deserve her! She's going to know this! " Pansy turned on her heels and started heading out of the castle." I'm going to make sure she doesn't tell L/n anything. "

Astoria smirked and nodded, walking away. Draco sprinted after Pansy and found her heading towards the Astronomy Tower.

He slowly climbed the steps, cursing as he already heard voices. " N/n, " Pansy whispered and Draco stood behind the pillar.

" Pans. Oh, uh... What are you doing here? " Y/n wiped her tears away and looked away. " Why are you crying? "

" Nothing. Why are you crying? " Y/n tried to smile but failed miserably. Pansy shook her head, " N/n, please don't hate me. I'm doing this for you. "

Draco tightened his grip on the wood.
" What's wrong, Pans? " Her voice was scratchy, it pained Draco.

" It's all a bet. I saw him kissing Astoria. I'm sorry, I'm not lying-"

" I know. "

Everything was suddenly still for Draco. She knew it. " What? " Pansy whispered,

" I know it's a bet. I think he forgot I was in the same room when he threw every bit of friendship, if he considers it anyway." Y/n chuckled sadly, her voice cracking as she wiped away the tears.