•Thirteen•

Thirteen | Under control

Word Count: 1065

Warnings: Gore, manipulation, cussing, mention of family abuse, lying.

Song for chapter 13 - "Daddy Issues" by The Neighbourhood.

***

"What the hell's going on here?" The police officer asked his son.

"Cleaning your gun, like you asked..." His son, Henry, responded.

"You're cleaning my gun, huh?"

"Dad..."

"HEY!" Henry's dad yelled at him and backed away. He shot three warning shots next to Henry's feet.

"Look at him now, boys," The dad gestured to his shaking soon, who was covering his eyes with his hands, "ain't nothing like a little fear that'll make a paper man crumble."

His friends were not mad at Henry's dad as they never wanted to shoot the cat that Henry had planned to before his dad showed up.

Henry had never been this angry before. He was always too afraid of his dad to notice the anger just switching on one day. It was like something had provoked him. His anger was off the charts, the losers got the worst of him this year.

His dad went away, so he slowly put his hands back down from his face. He slowly walked over to the front of the car to sit down as his friends were standing by the back.

A balloon floated by.

Henry looked at the un-natural direction it took. It looked like it was floating directly towards something with a plan, so Henry stood up and trailed slowly after it.

"You okay, Henry?" His friend asked him, but Henry's mind had seemed to been shut off as he made his way towards the balloon. Was it a some kind of force?

He was quite a distance away from the balloon, but saw that it landed on his mailbox. He walked towards it and examined the balloon. After a minute of contemplating, he opened the mailbox. What was he even contemplating about? His mind had been too distracted to contemplate.

There was a small box inside the mailbox, which was attached to the balloon somehow. Henry opened it with shaking hands. There was a knife inside of the box that looked awfully like the knife he had used on the fat kid Ben to carve his name, but had only finished with the 'H' letter before the fat kid pushed him away and fell backwards into the forest.

He took the knife and looked at his and his dad's house. He looked back down at the knife.

***

"K̵il̷l him҉,̶ k҉ill̶ ̶him,͠ k͟i̷ll ̷h̀i͞m!" The kids on the TV chanted as Henry had sneaked up to his father.

He put the OTF knife (yes, I researched the name for it) next to his sleeping dad's neck while it was closed. He opened the knife and the blade of it went sharply into his dad's neck. His dad moved, trying to remove the knife, but Henry only pushed the knife further into his neck.

As Henry's dad had struggled even more to get rid of the knife, Henry got blood all over his hands and face. When Henry wasn't looking, the lady with the kids in the TV had stood up and changed places with a clown. The clown had an evil look as Henry's father faded into unconsciousness.

"Oh no, give him a big round of applause. Well done, Henry!" The people in the TV cheered.

"Kill them all. Kill them all! Kill them all! Kill them all!"

IT had gotten full control of Henry's fragile, mentally unstable mind.

***

Beverly had reached her apartment's door to the outside and would have been left alone, if her dad had not witnessed Beverly's constant walking around out of the house.

"Where are you sneaking off to?" The voice came from the sofa.

"No-no-nowhere, Daddy." Beverly lied. She would have gotten away with it, if she had been a more convincing liar. Sadly, to her misfortune, she was not a good liar.

"You look prettied up," Her dad replied.

"I'm not prettied up, daddy. I wear this almost every day."

"Come here," her dad called her over and she cautiously walked towards him, "you know I worry about you Bevvie."

"I know."

"People in town have been saying some things to me about you. Sneaking around all summer ling with a bunch of boys, only girl in the pack." He grabbed her hand and softly stroked it.

"They're just friends, I swear." Beverly replied with a shaky tone.

"I know what's in boys minds when they look at you Bevvie. I know it all too well." Her dad squeezed her hand hard.

"My hand..."

"Are you doing womanly things down in the woods with those boys?" He asked.

"No, no, nothing, you don't have to worry. I-I promise." Beverly struggled in her father's grip on her hand.

"What's this?" Her dad asked, showing a letter.

"It's-it's nothing, it's just...a poem."

"Just a poem...that you were hiding in your underwear drawer?" Her dad asked. Why was he looking in her underwear drawer?

Beverly tried to get her hand back, but her dad's grip only got stronger.

"Why would you have to hide it there? Are you still my girl?!" He pulled Beverly's hand.

"No." Beverly responded with obvious disgust in her tone.

"What did you say?!" Her dad asked her in a threatening tone.

"I said...NO!" Beverly pulled her arm away from him and fell on the floor in the process.

"No!" Beverly shouted as her dad slowly made his way towards her.

"GET AWAY! NO!" Beverly kicked her father as he tried to grab her. He leaned in closer to her as she stopped kicking.

"Those boys, do they know that your mo- AGH!" Her dad yelled out in pain as she kicked his balls. He grabbed his crotch and Beverly kicked him in the face. She stood up and ran away to the bathroom.

She locked the bathroom door and hopped inside of the bath tub and closed the curtain. Her dad tried opening the door, but to no avail, so he kicked the door down.

He opened the bath tub's curtain and was met with a vase to his face. He fell down on the floor and his head began to bleed. Beverly dropped the leftovers of the vase and slowly walked around his body.

Beverly turned to walk away outside the bathroom, but was met by a certain clown, who grabbed her by the neck.

They were all under IT's control. IT flared up their anger for them to be more easily available.

***

I shouldn't have went away for so many months from this book, because now the people who used to read this book probably have given up on an update. There's been around 6 new chapters since then, so I hope more people start reading this.