•Twenty Eight•

Word Count: 1016

Warnings: Cussing, homophobic father (implications only, though), inappropriate jokes.

Song for chapter 28 - "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" by The Clash.

***

"What's going on here??" The door opened to reveal Richie's parents. It was probably quite a bit of a surprise to see your son on the floor with a friend of his that you hadn't seen in forever.

"We were just hanging out. He's moving away soon." Richie quickly explained. Thankfully, we weren't hugging anymore, just sitting on the floor. Hugging by itself isn't gay, but when it looks like you're clutching each other for life...it kind of is.

"Oh, alright then. Have fun, we'll be busy with work." His mom nodded her head at us and went off somewhere in the house with his dad.

I should have spent as much time, as I could there, because I was moving away soon, but we didn't have much to do, so I decided to leave his place earlier. We could sneak in at least a few more opportunities to visit each other anyway. It's not like I was moving away tomorrow. It might have looked a bit suspicious, since his parents literally just came home, but they weren't near us, so they didn't notice.

When I got home my parents questioned me all about the meetup, but I didn't really want to tell a whole ass story to them, so I just quickly simplified it in a few sentences. My mom was obviously not satisfied when I didn't answer every single question, but eventually left me alone. I went to my bed and immediately passed out, even though it wasn't that late. It was barely the evening.

***

Richie's POV (3rd person)

"Richard, come here, we need to talk." Richie's father called him to the kitchen. All Richie could think of was just: 'shit, do they know?' when he nervously approached the kitchen.

"What is it?" He asked, subtly wiping his sweaty hands on his shorts.

"I don't like how close you and that Y/N kid are." He started and Richie swore his stomach dropped to his feet.

"Well, of course we're close, we're best friends, dad. Since we were kids. Do you not know this?" Who is he kidding, of course he doesn't know this. Why did he even ask? His parents usually don't take interest in asking about anything that's happening in his life when they're not around.

"Oh, well, I'd still appreciate you not getting too close to him, alright? I'm just looking out for you, Richie. It could make people think of weird things." God, he hated his dad so much right now. Richie was usually very outspoken, but he knew he shouldn't be defensive about this, otherwise he could get into bigger shit.

"Yeah, alright dad." He muttered and quietly grabbed some snacks before retreating to his room. His dad wouldn't have to worry about them being too close for long.

***

Y/N's POV

"Wait, wait, you guys WHAT?!" I winced when Alyssa whisper yelled. We were currently under the abandoned staircase after lessons. Richie was going to come soon, so I had to wrap this up quickly.

"Yeah, we uh, we kissed. You happy now?"

"Very. You finally got your shit together. Can I expect to be the cool gay aunt?" She was basically vibrating from excitement next to me. I rolled my eyes AFFECTIONATELY and just ignored her.

"What's up, guys?" Richie dropped his bag, which echoed throughout the whole place.

"Nothing much. Do you think we could run into Beverly at one point?" I asked as he sat down next to me.

"Wait, I just realized. I knew her voice from somewhere! It was the hot red haired chick that I ran into and accidentally dropped her books." Alyssa suddenly gasped, remembering.

"Hot chick? What-" A look of puzzlement crossed Richie's face.

"Oh yeah, forgot to tell you. I'm a lesbian." Alyssa explained.

"I thought you were American?" I tilted my head and deadpanned.

"What?"

"Nevermind, you won't get that reference until a few decades later."

"Okay? Anyway, hope that won't be a problem, since I'm not the only person who likes the same sex?" She turned to Richie and his face went red.

"What??? Did you tell her?" Richie looked at me.

"He didn't have to, it was obvious anyway." She giggled.

"ANYWAY, I'm bored, let's do something." I switched the subject.

"Shouldn't we study?" Alyssa asked.

"I'm moving away soon, last few days won't really change much." I said.

"I wish I didn't have to study. Fuck you, man." Richie sighed.

"Yeah, you would." I muttered under my breath.

"WHAT?!" Richie exclaimed and Alyssa cackled.

"NOTHING- I MEAN YOU WOULD WISH FOR THAT. You get all A's, I'm assuming you study all the time. Haha, you nerd." I quickly tried to cover up.

"HEY! Who are you calling nerd, nerd?" He puffed his chest up.

"Alright, HAH- guys stop it, that's- that's enough." Alyssa was wheezing on the floor, barely keeping it together.

"You know what else is enough?" Richie gave a shit-eating grin (imagine: the among us sus troll face).

"Ugh, what?" Alyssa finally stopped laughing, preparing for a bad joke.

"The amount of times your mom has visited me." He slapped his knee and gave a short laugh.

"Alright, someone's off his meds again. He's hallucinating my mother. Time to go to sleep, grandpa." Alyssa pretended to escort Richie to bed.

"No, but are you guys actually going to study? As far as I know, you guys don't need to move." I raised an eyebrow at them. They groaned and got their books out of their bags and pretended to study to piss me off with the silence.

"Hey, guys, c'mon, I'm here!" I waved arms in front of their faces.

"Hey, Richie, did you hear that?" Alyssa looked at Richie, completely ignoring me frantically making stupid faces to get a reaction out of them.

"Hear what? I only hear the wind, if that's what you mean." Richie replied.

"You guys are bullies, I'm gonna go to the library." I pretended to be angry and stood up to walk away.

"Heeeyy, no wait we love you! Come back!" They rushed after me.

***

I'm planning to end the second book on chapter 30, but we'll see how it ends. It doesn't have that much left, so I should be able to finish it in two more chapters. Anyway, balls. Have a great day!