•Ten•

Disclaimer: There was a plot mistake to this story and it wasn't too major, so I never fixed it. I only continued on it. I may fix it sometime, but it's not guaranteed. The mistake is when Beverly cut her hair. I think it adds a nice touch, because then it doesn't copy the original script word for word.⚠️

Ten | What are you afraid of?

Word Count: 1652

Warnings: Mention of a house burning down, burnt corpses, cussing, fear, dark jokes, inappropriate comments.

Song for chapter 10 - "Losers" by Chosen Jacobs.

***

"B-Beverly y-your hair," Bill stuttered, noticing Beverly's hair was cut short. Beverly looked up, from where she was cleaning, at Bill expectantly.

Bill tried to stutter out his sentence, but got cut off by Ben.

"It's beautiful," Ben smiled at Beverly and she smiled back.

The bathroom was pretty much clean of blood, so I helped them out by cleaning the small leftovers. I saw everyone slowly leaving as they finished cleaning, so I went outside of the bathroom to get some fresh air by opening the window. I saw Ben taking a quick glance at Beverly's bedroom and heading quietly towards the bathroom as he heard Beverly and Bill talking.

I also quietly made my way to the bathroom to check out the scene, that would show itself.

"It's not true, you know...what they say about me," I heard Beverly speak, "I was only ever kissed by one guy...a long time ago. It was a nice kiss, though."

Bill inhaled sharply and smiled. I smiled at his adorableness.

"January embers..." Beverly muttered out and Bill looked at her in confusion.

"W-w-was that in the play?" Bill asked.

"No, the poem-" Beverly looked at him, now confused too.

"Oh, I- I really don't read much p-p-poetry," Bill responded.

"Oh. I was just- nevermind then," Beverly looked down in disappointment.

"Um...ju-just so you know I...I never believed in any of the rumours and none of us - the losers do. We like hanging with you." Bill tried to cheer Beverly up.

"Thanks," Beverly smiled.

"You shouldn't thank us too much. Hanging out with us makes you a loser too," Bill smiled back at her.

"I can take that," Beverly chuckled to herself.

I saw Ben looking at them with a deep, sad look. I put a hand on his shoulder and he turned around to see, who had touched him. As soon, as eye contact was made, I gave him an understanding look and walked away.

***

"No, I love being your personal doormat, really! Could you idiots have taken any longer?!" Richie complained as we drove with bikes.

Richie had been told to go back outside on the lookout for Beverly's dad, when I had calmed down.

"Shut up, Richie!" Eddie exclaimed in annoyance.

"Yeah, shut up, Richie!" Stanley agreed with Eddie.

"Oh, okay, trash the Trashmouth, I get it! I wasn't the one scrubbing the bathroom floor and imagining that her sink went all Eddie's mom's vagina on halloween!" Richie ranted.

"She didn't imagine it," Bill replied as Richie drove in circles around us. I laughed at Richie's antics.

Everyone stopped their bikes when Bill didn't drive his further.