Prank War [5]

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around while they adjusted. I guess my room was the only safe place I had, since no one could get in to pull a prank on me.

    But I could get into Caden's room. I couldn't help but smile as I glanced at his key that was sitting on my nightstand.

    I pulled out a small clock from my luggage; I still hadn't unpacked yet.

    9:02 a.m.

    When did classes start again? Oh right, 8:30.

    I debated for a few minutes if I should go back to sleep or just get dressed. The more time I spent in class, the chances of getting eliminated increased.

    I laid back down and pulled my blanket over my head.

    See? Who needed school? I just figured out something ... math-y.

    I think.

    I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, but found that I couldn't.

    Curse you ... uh, sleep fairy?

    I got out of bed and changed. Should I go to the girls' locker room to brush my teeth? No, too risky.

    I pulled out a package of gum from my luggage and popped one into my mouth. A few minutes later, after I was sure I didn't have morning breath, I grabbed my schedule, walked to the door and opened it.

    I stepped aside, and when nothing came down (I was still scared I was going to get fooled by that water prank thingy), I peaked outside, right and left to make sure that there was nothing there.

    With extreme caution, I slowly stepped outside. I wasn't going to take any chances. That one million dollars were too important to me.

    I checked my schedule and carefully made my way to my first class. The door was wide open, and I looked inside.

    Almost the whole room; the chairs, desks, books, and some parts of the wall were covered in light blue ... slime? I knew my mouth was hanging open, and quickly closed it. Only the teacher's desk was left unharmed.

    "You're lucky you missed it," a voice came from behind me. I turned around to find a guy with wet brown hair coming towards me.

    "What happened?" I asked him.

    "I'm pretty sure it was Max's gang that dumped the slime all over us. No one knew, since they were hiding above the ceiling tiles. About twenty minutes of class had passed when they moved some of the tiles and dumped the slime down. It wasn't a fun experience, trying to clean it off."

    "Wow," I said, amazed, "I can't believed the teachers actually let them do that."

    "It's prank war," the guy shrugged, "I'm pretty sure the teachers find it hilarious when we get pranked. I could tell Mrs. Jenkins was trying hard not to laugh when we ended up covered in slime."

    "So now I guess the whole class is eliminated?"

    "Except you," he pretended to glare at me but then grinned, "I'm Cameron, by the way. You're the new girl, right?"

    "Yeah, I am. The name's Ariane," I said, returning a smile, "Well, at least you guys get to waste class time."

    "True. Where were you, anyways?"

    "Ah. I uh, over slept," I smirked.  

    "Of course," Cameron pretended to eye me suspiciously. Just then, the rest of class came around the corner.