Prank War [1]

Chapter 1

    If I had to sit here for ten more seconds, I was going to explode.

    I was in Kainler High, waiting for the administrator lady to sort through our files. She was probably still reading through mine, considering how much stuff I had in there. All the descriptions of the bad things I've done. From gluing the whole class to their chairs, to malfunctioning my English teacher's car. She must be really enjoying reading it.

    There was only one other girl who was also new. A blonde who spent the whole time doing her nails. Like one of those stereotype cheerleaders who had planned to ruin my life in my third school. Too bad I had glued all their pom-poms together.

    The administrator even gave us stickers with our names on it. Seriously? By High School, I was pretty sure everyone knew their own name.

    10 ... 9 .... 8 ... 7 .... 6 .... 5 .... 4 .... 3 ....

    "Ok girls, sorry for keeping you waiting for so long," the attendance lady said as she stood up from her desk and walked over towards us. Yes, you'd better be sorry, lady. I spent half an hour staring at the utterly clean floor. Not something very fun to do. "I'm really busy right now, so I guess you'll have to ..."

    Then she looked around and apparently noticed someone. She called out, "Caden! Could you please come here?"

    A brown haired guy walked over towards us. Immediately, I felt the blonde girl shift her position so she was facing him. Oh great.

    That was sarcastic, if you couldn't tell.

    "Yes, Mrs. Jenkins?"

    God, he sounded like such a goody-two-shoe. He gave me a funny smile, like he knew what I was thinking. I stared back at him expressionless.

    "Could you show these two ladies to their rooms? And then lead them to the auditorium for the ... war, as you kids like to call it."

    My mind, which wasn't paying attention, suddenly became alive when I heard the word 'war'. A war? Sweeeeet.

    "Sure," Caden smiled and Mrs. Jenkins walked away. He turned to face us and raised his eyebrow, "So, hi. Welcome to Kainler High, blah blah blah, you know, the usual stuff. Names?"

    "I'm Bree," the blonde immediately introduced herself. She twirled her hair and gave him a smile.

    Oh god, someone get me a barf bag.

    "Nice to meet you Bree," Caden gave her a polite smile. Then he turned to me and raised his eyebrow, waiting for my answer.

    "Lady Gaga," I answered without hesitation. I was a great liar, and I knew hesitation gives it away.

    "Really?" he smirked.

    "Fine, I lied. My name's ... Justin Bieber," I said the last part really quickly. Dammit, I hesitated.

    "He's a guy."

    "It's the first name that popped into my head," I said in my defense, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

    "So you admit it's not your name."

    "Do I look like a guy to you?" I gestured to my body, then regretted it. Caden assessed me with his eyes for a few seconds and then smirked at me.

    "No, you're definitely a girl. Nice try though, Ariane."

    I was shocked for a few seconds. "How'd you know my name?"