Prank War [6]

There were murmurs of complaints spreading across the room. I knew my mouth was hanging open again, and quickly closed it.

    "You're kidding, right?"

    "No," he actually smiled. How dare he.

    "Is that even allowed?"

    "I'm sure I can convince the teacher ..." he lowered his voice just a bit and winked at me, "I do get my way quite often."

    "But ..." I tried to think of something to say, "But that's not fair."

    "Nothing is ever fair in life, Ari," Caden told me, "Well? Are you going to make the whole class fail?"

    I scowled.

    "Why are you doing this to me?"

    "I want to prove my theory."

    "Stop having theories!"

    "I know you can do this," he lowered his voice, "Prove it to me."

    "You know I wanted to fail this quiz," I murmured, just loud enough for him to hear.

    "Exactly," he smile, "You've got five minutes."

    Oh how I wanted to slap that smile off of his face.

    "Come on," a random girl called out, "I need to ace this test or else my grade is in trouble. Just do it already!"

    There were murmurs of agreement.

    Geez people, calm down. My grade was in trouble too. I was not going to get a 'D-' in history, which is what my grade would probably be if I aced this test. I liked my 'F' just fine.

    "Four minutes," Caden smirked.

    I considered my choices. Say 'no', and keep my beautiful 'F', but have the whole class mad at me, which would likely make me their next target in the prank war. I don't know about these guys, but I knew someone who would kill me if I got them a bad grade. Literally? Maybe.

    Or I could just do it, but ...

    I glared at him and took a small breath.

    "World War two started on September 1st, 1939, when Germany invaded Poland. Two days later on September 3rd, both Great Britain and France declared war on Germany. The United States entered the war when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. The very next day, the United States declared war on Japan and on December 11th, declared war on Germany. Then blah, blah blah, stuff happened, monkeys came, and the war ended in 1945," I said really fast, and took a deep breath when I was finished.

    "How's that?" I asked him. Everyone was silent as Caden considered it.

    "Well, you've got the facts right, although I don't appreciate the ... unnecessary additions. But ... you've all passed."

    The whole class erupted into cheers.

    Oh come on, it was just a test that was a big part of our final grade. Not that big of a deal.

    "Good job, Ari. I knew you were smart," Caden gave me a smile, "Maybe you should stop hiding it."

    "No thanks," I retorted, crossing my arms in front of my chest, "By the way, could you fail me? I really like the shapes of zeros."

    "Nope. I'll even ask Mr. White to give you 110%, since you helped the whole class pass."

    "No! Doesn't that bring my grade up to like, a D or something?"