Prank War [7]

I was walking down the hallway, eyeing the ceiling suspiciously for loose tiles. Max, or anyone could be hiding up there, deciding that I was their next target.

    I had decided to ditch my last class, and didn't know what to do for the rest of the time. I just wandered around for a few minutes until Kristen stopped me. She had four followers behind her, including Bree.

    They all had a small bucket in their hands. I took a closer look and saw that they were water balloons.

    "Hey, there's a class outside, and we thought we'd try these out," Kristen smiled, motioning to the water balloons, "Want to come?"

    Maybe she wasn't as bad as I thought.

    A few minutes later, we were outside, hiding behind trees that were near a class playing a game of lacrosse.

    I took some water balloons from Kristen, and on the count of three, we started throwing them.

    I threw one of my water balloons and hit a black haired girl. Everyone stopped playing as soon as they realized what was happening.

    Almost everyone started coming towards our hiding spot, probably planning to get revenge. They picked up the water balloons that hadn't hit anyone, and started throwing them at us.

    Oh, it was water balloon war.

    Ugh. That sounded too long. I needed to come up with a code name or something.

    I stayed behind my tree, and started randomly throwing water balloons forward. I had to admit, I didn't have the best aim. A blue water balloon came towards me, and missed my face by an inch. I dodged a green and pink one, and hit two more people before we were out of balloons on our side.

    "Run," Kristen yelled out between laughs. We ran, and managed to make it safely back into the school building.

    "That was fun," she smiled at me, "We would love to have you on our team. Temporarily, of course."

    Well, it didn't hurt to make allies.

    "Sure," I replied just as her cell phone beeped, signaling a text message. Kristen looked at it, and then quickly put it back in her pocket.

    "Gotta run. Teacher's coming from the corner," with that, all five of them quickly turned to walk away.

    But I had to be very stupid and just stood there like an idiot.

    "What do you think you're doing out of class?" a teacher with frizzy red hair asked, "I'm afraid that'll be detention for you."

    I took the slip without a word. Oh well, I was going to get detention no matter what.

    "Get to class," she said before walking away. And still, I stood there like an idiot.

    Yeah ... which way was my class?

    I decided to just walk forward and see where it leads me. I stared at the ground, deep in thought.

    I should try to pull some pranks. But what? I didn't have any supplies, and didn't know my way around the school very well. Maybe I could borrow something from Mackenzie and Kristen, and see what I come up with.

    I was too busy trying to think of what kind of prank I could pull (and how funny a raccoon would look riding on a pig), and bumped into someone.

    I looked and saw that it was Mackenzie.

    "Oh hey," she smiled, trying to fix her ponytail, "Having fun? I'm heading to the office right now, want to come?"

    "For what?" I asked as I followed her anyways.

    "For a prank of course," she answered, "Let's see how many people will actually fall for it. It was Caden's idea, but he didn't want to even skip five minutes of class to do it."

    I smirked, "Of course not. So what's the prank?"

    Mackenzie handed me a piece of paper, "Read this through the intercom. I've got everything else covered."

    We stopped in front of the doors to the main office and looked around. No one was there.

    "Seriously? No one at all? Aren't they worried that students might sneak in?" I asked.

    "Like us? Naw, they probably expect it," Mackenzie shrugged, "Now go! I'll stay here and guard."

    I walked into the office and looked around, making sure. Now all I needed was to find a big microphone or something.

    "On the desk," Mackenzie hissed. I looked to where she was motioning to and saw it. It was a rather small microphone.

    Ah shucks. I was really hoping for one the size of a lamp or even bigger.

    I looked around, trying to find the on button. Now which one was it? I pressed the red button, and prayed it was the right one.

    I cleared my throat, "Good afternoon, Kainler High. I'm Mrs. ... Oobalooney?"

    I was about to burst out laughing, but then remember that it would give it away, "I'm a new member of the school board, and we're doing an experiment to see if our students follow the rules. Right now, everyone who has their cell phone with them must turn the volume up. Teachers should inspect students' cell phone, to see if they did as they were told. If not, teachers are permitted to give the student detention, and confiscate their cell phone. Thank you, and have a good day."

    I took my finger off the red button and Mackenzie walked in.

    ".. And send," she said as she pressed a button on her phone. She look up and smiled, "Good job. This should do it."

    "What was the prank?" I asked, and just then, the school was filled with hundreds of different ringtones. Loud ringtones.

    "I can't believe people actually feel for that," Mackenzie smirked, slightly shaking her head, "I guess some people are really obsessed with their phones, or not getting detention."

    I finally understood what the prank was, "How did you get everyone's phone numbers?"

    "Ah, I have connections."

    "How does this bracelet work, anyways?" I asked, motioning to mine, which thankfully still had a red light on.

    "Have you seen the cameras?" she asked. I shook my head. "Well, there are hidden cameras around the school. I guess that's how it works."

    "Very creative. Now we have what? Hundreds more people to eliminate?"

    "Probably two hundred or so," Mackenzie guessed, "It's amazing how many people fall for obvious pranks."