Prank War [28]

I glanced around cautiously, making sure the hallway was empty. I had to be extremely careful, in case Kristen decided to pull a surprise attack on me. 

    Kristen. The only one standing in my way from getting the one million dollars. Why did she even want to win? Her dad was the one who was giving away the one million dollars.  

    I knocked on the door and glanced around again. It was fifth period, also known as our lunch period. Caden usually spent this period in the library. Since I couldn’t find him in the library, I assumed he was in his room.

    The door finally opened and Caden stood on the other side. He ran his fingers through his hair and yawned.

    I walked up to him, wrapped my arms around his waist and closed the door with my feet. He leaned down to give me a quick kiss. 

    “You look tired,” I told him.

    He let out a sigh. “We’re close to finals, and the teachers are giving us loads of homework and tests. Aren’t you worried at all?” 

    “Hey, it’s my thing, remember?” I tugged on his jean’s belt loops, pulling him closer to me. “I fail the classes and ace the finals.”

    “Which makes them think you cheated,” he gave me a smile.

    “But they can’t find any proof that I did.”

    I pulled away from him and sat down on his bed. “We need a plan to get Kristen out.”

    “What’s the plan?” he asked as he sat down in his desk chair.

    “I was hoping you had one,” I replied, leaning forward.

    He leaned to the right and retrieved something from its hiding place. Two water guns. Caden tossed me one of them to me.

    “This is your amazing plan?” I asked as I caught it. It was already loaded with water.

    “A surprise attack is simplest plan.”

    Right on cue, the bell rang, signaling the end of fifth period.

    “What class does Kristen have next?”

    “Science.”

    I gave him a questioning look. “How did you know?”

    “I figured you were thinking of getting her eliminated, so I planned ahead, did some research,” he smirked, “It’s what good boyfriends do, isn’t it?”

    “Are you sure you weren’t just trying to stalk her?”

    Caden rolled his eyes. “I’m not a creeper.”

    “Right, you’re a nerd.”

    He glanced at his clock. “Let’s go, or else we’ll be late for out next class.”

    “You just proved my point,” I smiled at him. I got up and we walked out of his room. The hallway was swarmed with students rushing to get to their next class on time.

    I quickly scanned the crowd. My heart jumped a little when I spotted Kristen. She was walking towards us, with her hands behind her back, as if holding something.

    I quickly nudged Caden. “Kristen.”

    I held my water gun off to my side, ready to surprise attack her.

    But apparently, that’s exactly what she had in mind too. Caden realized it, and quickly stepped in front me, blocking me from Kristen’s aim. Kristen pulled the trigger and water hit Caden directly in the chest.