Can't He Ask For Help?

This has been going on for almost a year now, and Izuku didn't know how much more he could take.

No one but Nezu and Detective Tsukauchi knew about his secret mission. At the time, he was buzzing with excitement and happiness that he, once quirkless, was now attending at the most prestigious hero school in Japan. Izuku had jumped at the opportunity to help out with the investigation of the League of Villains. Now, all he wants to do is scream at his past self. To tell him, "No. Don't do this. It'll ruin you even more than you already are."

But they had said he was their best option. That his help will be essential to figuring the depths of the LOV. Not to mention that his past quirklessness made for a good origin story. Or whatever you call it. That if Izuku told his past to the League, they would understand why he wanted to be a villain. That it would be easier for them to accept him into the league.

(And now that Izuku is actually thinking, he realized that Nezu and the detective told him that he was suited to be a villain. That it would've made sense.

The worst part is, is that it does make sense. And that just somehow makes everything so much worse.)

The League had made him do horrible, horrible things. No, they didn't make him kill anybody or torture someone to the brink of insanity. They made him experiment. Tear corpses open and mess with their organs. Inject quirks into their dead, cold bodies and see if there was any reaction. Izuku would never forget as the images of it all had been printed into his mind. Bodies tearing themselves up, bodies enveloping and twisting until it was an entirely different shape, bodies exploding, blood and chunks of flesh flying everywhere uncontrollably.

Every time he closed his eyes he would see it, and Izuku fears that they will never truly go away. Not like he deserves them to, anyways. Being with the league, analyzing them, has twisted his mind into thinking he was a monster. How could he do all of these things (Don't worry Nezu says, It's not like they're alive anyways. Besides, you're helping us.) and not be a monster?

Izuku had woven himself far to deep into this to ever get out. To ever be himself again. He was living two separate lives and it just felt so wrong. The guilt from lying to his friends and teachers (Oh god, All might didn't even know. His mother didn't know. They would be so disappointed in him.) was eating him alive because everyday one of them would ask why he looked so tired. Why were his hands shaking (the blood wasn't leaving. Why wasn't it leaving?!) so much that he had dropped his pencil.

"Oh don't worry. I just missed breakfast."

"You know me! I was training so much that I lost track of time and didn't get to bed until pretty late."

"I'll be fine! I'll try extra hard next time, promise!"

The lies that he had painted spilled so easily from his mouth that it physically sickened him. Midoryia lost count of how many times he woke up from a nightmare (memories. They were memories) and puked his guts out. He began to think why he  was even trying to be a hero when he has done all of these horrendous things.

Soon, the League is going to want more from him. He's terrified for what they will make him do. What if they want him to kidnap someone? Or what if they want him to experiment on a living person. What if they make him kill someone? Izuku doesn't want to think of the day where they might ask him to do that. He'd rather die than do any it. Hell, he kind of wished he was dead right now.

"What are you doing up so late, problem child?" A very familiar grouchy voice asked.

Ah. Izuku had forgotten where he was for a short moment. He had gone down to the common room to grab a cup -pot- of coffee and maybe even find a way to escape his mind. Of course, that didn't work, and he only seemed to spiral more.