Chapter 106: Scattering the Troops

A massive slab of stone pulled apart the grass that had overrun it, creaking open as a white, scaled claw lifted it up with ease. One by one, five cloaked figures clambered out of the underground tunnel. Right in the middle of the enemy's encampment.

There were hundreds of tents set up in front of the Saika Castle and everything from weapons to explosives were littered around every inch of the area that they had claimed.

It was just as Zeno had said. The secret passageway had led from the slums directly into the front of the castle but it clearly hadn't been used for some time.

Kija flailed his arms around, expression contorting in disgust and horror at the many dead and alive insects that clung to his once white clothes. "That passageway was full of spiders!!"

"Pfft, Hakuryuu, you're covered in webs~" Zeno sang casually, dancing around him in a ring despite the numerous soldiers that were looking upon the odd group, puzzled.

"Jae-ha, remove them for me, please." Kija begged with terror in his eyes, raising a trembling arm.

"I rather not touch anything that isn't beautiful." The green dragon replied simply. "I leave it up to you, Shin-ah."

"Ah..." He trailed off quietly and winced, unsure of what to do, feeling like he was caught in the middle of them.

Hak raised an eyebrow at the netting that covered the Seiryuu. "Shin-ah, are you a spider's nest?"

One of the men hesitatingly raised his spear, uncertain of whether or not the newcomers posed a real threat given all their casual conversation they were having in the middle of their camp. "Who... Who are you guys?!"

"Ah... Greetings, Sen Province soldiers from far away." Jae-ha flourished his arm grandly, pairing it with a sly smirk. "We're sorry, but the camp you set up is causing trouble for the people in Saika. Could you please withdraw?"

Kija's distress faded into background noise as the eldest dragon's violet eyes flickered with a hint of eagerness.

"If you retreat without a fuss, we won't have to hurt you."

The soldiers' expressions showed that they didn't care, nor did they believe a word he was saying. After all, what harm could a handful of random guys do to a couple thousand soldiers?

But still, they eyed him warily. "Who are you?"

Jae-ha's eyes narrowed the slightest bit as he drew himself up, a crafty smirk curling further on the edge of his mouth.

"We are monsters."

Meanwhile, Kija had yet to free himself of the monstrous, eight-legged creatures.

"Ao!! Stop it!! Spiders aren't something to eat!!" He wailed in anguish as Shin-ah plucked them off of his robe and fed them to his companion tucked in the front of his shirt.

"You're being too noisy, White Snake!!" Hak yelled over his shoulder.

His head swiveled back as the agaonized shrieking didn't let up and he boredly regarded the men before him, huffing in anticipation. Cobalt eyes turned stormy and the grip on his glaive tightened as he prepared himself for the inevitable.

It was finally time they drove them out of their homeland.

"Now, will you kindly retreat?" Jae-ha repeated, his voice like smooth silk.

It was stark against the deadly glint in his eyes and those closest to him flinched, taking a few steps back before their resolve hardened and they began to shout.

"No way!!"

"Who do you think you are?!"

"Get him!!"