Chapter 150: Performance of Light in Death Town

All eyes turned on them as she and Yona stepped out from behind the velvet curtain.

Today, they were the bait.

Jae-ha described it well, combining his experience with the Dao's information as well as Botan's to construct their plan alongside Yoon. Coming from someone who had taken the drug and knew of its effects, he was the best qualified to teach them what to do.

Sitting in the room of the inn as the sun came up, Calista and Yona had listened attentively to his plan.

That drug is an evil spirit, possessing people with weak hearts. It unleashes the jealousy and resentment they hold by nature and become brutal.

Nadai is especially made...

To show their brutality.

Yona, you will become a "happy dancer". You will play a happy person who brightens up the dark night within the town.

Calista, you will be the "temptress". Someone who seeks to give them a night filled with pleasure. They will be too weak to resist your beauty.

The jealousy and the brutality of those people possessed by the nadai will be forced out.

Calista's jaw clenched a fraction before easing as she faced the crowd, her arms dangling loosely at her side as the bells attached to a section of her hair jingled softly.

And we'll find them seeking out their providers.

In a night at a bar like this, there were all sorts of people. It was packed. There were clearly those patrons who looked nothing out of the ordinary, and those that had a chill shooting down her spine.

There were people lurking in the darkness everywhere.

Jae-ha was holding his flute off to the side of the stage, waiting for his cue and Yoon was hiding worriedly behind the curtain. They didn't want the youngest too close if things started to get out of hand.

On the opposite side, Kija and Shin-ah were stationed out of sight, in charge of picking out discrepancies in the crowd but the blue dragon's eyes were fixated on the dark-haired beauty.

Sure, he had already stolen her away earlier but there was something about seeing her like that under the spotlight. She took his breath away as she glided across the stage.

Ao had to nudge her head against his cheek to snap him out of his trance.

At the bar, Hak was watching the girls as Zeno juggled in front of a group of people, entertaining them with tricks and a bright smile. Although his exterior was unguarded to the untrained eye, the yellow dragon's gaze remained serious.

Exchanging a glance with the princess to give her some confidence, Calista nodded, signaling Jae-ha to start.

Notes of an enticing, sweet melody that could pass for both pure and alluring floated through the air and fell over all the customers gathering around the front of the stage as the two began to dance.

Yona could feel it as she danced and judging by the hidden grimace on Calista's face, she felt it too.

The negativity. It was so thick she could practically see it as it hung over the crowd like a fog.

Calista's steps were light as Jae-ha continued to play. But they quickly became more than just calculated and measured, the transition so fast that if anyone blinked, they would've missed it. Swirling around to the tune, she danced, swaying her hips as she pivoted on her heel.

Normally, she wouldn't volunteer for this kind of thing. She loved to dance, which is why she preferred to keep what she enjoyed and what she had to do separate from each other. But she thought that Yona could use her support.