Chapter 37: The Warning

That was how Yona and the others found them once they came back. Hani was slumped in the Calista's lap, who in turn, was leaning against Shin-ah for support. The blue dragon didn't move, but his mouth was parted slightly, light snores escaping him.

Ao scampered onto the little girl, curling up on her leg and Yona beamed up at Hak at the tranquil picture before them.

"I wonder how they have been like this..." Kija mused.

"They look so cute!!" Yona gushed.

"Careful, Princess," Hak drawled. "You'll wake them up with your ogre voice."

"HAK!!!!!"

"Yah, Thunder Beast, stop waving that in front of her face!! YONA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!"

Yona had jumped onto his back, trying to hit him over the head like she'd seen Yoon do when he got mad. She huffed in frustration when she couldn't even land a single hit.

At that moment, Kija accidently knocked over a pot, effectively breaking up the pair before they could do any real damage, but it also woke up the slumbering trio. Hani immediately started shrieking, and Hak didn't even bother making a snide remark at the embarrassed Hakuryuu as he rushed over to quiet her.

When Calista came to, she grinned at the sight of her brother tossing Hani up into the air, turning the little one's crying into peals of laughter. Shin-ah's mask was back on his face, but she wasn't sad. She was honored that he had willingly shared that part of him with her.

She wasn't sure what it was, but he had somehow given her the best nap with just his presence. All of the nights of futile attempts to rest peacefully now seemed so small in comparison to the last few glorious hours.

"And the big, bad Marshmallow makes his debut as a caring stand-in father." The raven-haired girl announced dramatically, making a mental note to thank Shin-ah later. Her brother glared at her, but Hani loved it, giddily clapping her hands.

"Shut up, Bat-Ears." Hak glowered at her and the little girl in his arms gasped, clapping her hands over her mouth.

"You said a bad word!!" Hani accused, pointing a tiny finger at his face. "Bad bad bad!!"

Calista laughed at the outraged expression on her brother's face. Kija gloated at his obvious irritation, which only spurred Hak on more. Yona's eyes gleamed with mischief and Yoon rolled his eyes, turning his back on them.

"Yeah, Marshy, no bad words."

"Why you little..."

Calista stuck out her tongue, and Hani burst into giggles. She cocked her head to the side in contemplation as Shin-ah slipped away from her side and helped Yoon unload everything he brought back. The skin around Yona's eyes were rubbed red.

She had been crying...

As Hak released Hani, who was making grabby hands at the princess, he caught her and Shin-ah up to date with what they found in the town. They apparently found Ryokuryuu. He fell into a vase in front of Kija, and he carried him to Yona. Literally.

It's about time. That only took seven billion years.

Yoon threw some kind of black cloth that landed at her feet in a heap.

"What's this?"

Unable to see from this angle, Calista moved to get up, but she didn't get anywhere as a set of hands firmly held her down.

"Uh uh," Hak tutted above her, blocking out the sun. "You're not going anywhere."

She let out a low whine that borderlined a growl, but she surrendered when Shin-ah stepped up behind him. There wasn't any way she was going against him. Not only would she lose, she didn't want to get on his bad side. If he even had one.