Chapter 49: Party

Hak and Yona casually strolled back after some time, finding the fighter and blue dragon tuckered out under a nearby tree.

The princess clasped her hands together, eyes shining in happiness. "They're soooooo cute!!" She gushed.

Hak snorted and she sent her bodyguard a withering glare. Yoon had been giving her lessons on how to put him back in his place, and she had been observing how Calista shot down her brother on several occasions, but so far she hadn't been very successful.

Plopping down on the ground, she discreetly took the discarded bottle and poured some of the remaining liquid in a small cup.

"Noooope that's not for you, Princess."

Hak plucked it right out of her hands, waving a finger at her. Yona whined, reaching for it as he lifted it out of her reach. He blushed as she pushed right up against him shamelessly, the naive princess not seeing anything wrong with her actions. He lost his grip on it, It caused the cup to clatter to the ground and spill everywhere.

Yona threw herself down in attempt to save it, but to no avail. She pouted and kicked her feet in the air, unaware how being sprawled across her bodyguard's lap was sending heat rising to his cheeks. The sound woke up Yoon, who blinked blearily before glaring at the rowdy Thunder Beast and an apologetic Princess.

He huffed then got to his feet. Kija was passed out, but stirred a little bit in his spot as the boy began chastising the pair for making so much noise.

Hak fought to keep his blush under control as Yona sat back on her heels. Luckily, she didn't notice how flustered he was.

Unfortunately, as he stood up abruptly to put some space between them, he accidentally knocked over the stacked metal.

Calista was jolted out of her slumber as the clanging of pots and pans reverberated through the air. In a split second, Shin-ah unsheathed his sword and had it positioned in front of them defensively. They both realized there was no danger at the same time and a light laugh escaped her as he cracked a smile.

He put away the blade as she staggered to her feet, but she lost her balance the instant she stood up, the world spinning before her eyes. Tilting backwards, Shin-ah caught her just before she completely lost her footing. Flashing him a grateful smile, she flaunted over to where Hak was gesturing for her to sit.

He offered her some of the clear liquid, but she declined.

"Thanks, but no thanks."

He looked at her strangely as Shin-ah took a seat across from her. "You sure? I thought you liked to drink."

Calista looked away from her brother. "Not anymore."

He shrugged, then downed it in one go. Yona tried to do the same thing, only to cough it up as it burned her throat. She eyed it evilly as if it was the source of all the misery in the world. "How did you drink it so fast?!"

"Aren't you supposed to act more ladylike, Princess." Hak jeered good-naturedly, raising his up as an example. 

She frowned at him. He was obviously mocking her. "Take small sips." Hak instructed.

Yona wrinkled her nose, but did as she was told, gagging on the horrid taste.

"Hey Marshy, maybe you should show her how it's done." A mischievous glint in Calista's eye. "You know, a more hands-on experience would be better for her to learn from, isn't that right?"

He glared at her, but Yona looked all too eager, so he scooted towards her despite not wanting to.

No, not that he didn't want to. He definitely did. He wanted to have her in his arms, be able to catch a whiff of her sweet scent just before her beautiful eyes widened as she was caught off guard by something he said.