Chapter 137: The Shisen Port of the Water Tribe

The Water Tribe of Kouka Kingdom was well known for being a territory with lush lands and serene waters. It was said that the people that lived there rarely had conflict but there were whispers that lurked in the shadows as of late that said it wasn't the case anymore.

Yona had decided to investigate it and see if it was true or not. Now that Calista had healed, everyone was fit for travel.

"A place to stay?"

The innkeeper who had opened the door at a small building in Shisen, a Water Tribe port city, was flabbergasted as he was faced with a drenched, very odd group of eight people standing in the rain.

Yoon nodded. "The cheapest room you have for seven people to stay overnight."

"Hm... I'm vacant." The old man replied tiredly, obviously having just woken up from a nap. "That will be one for 600 Rin."

Yoon's eyes shone with relief. "Ah, thank you!!"

They rushed in quickly to get out of the rain, Calista shaking like a dog to get dry. The room the kind innkeeper had brought them to was comfortable enough to hold all of them, faded cherry blossom wallpaper lining the walls of the spacious room.

There was one large futon on the ground, meant to clearly only fit two people.

Calista cackled to herself, scheming ways she could get Hak and Yona to share the bed.

The room was also furnished with a large dresser, a full-length mirror in the corner and it's own private bathroom.

Hak, Yona, Kija and Jae-ha were all wearing cloaks in addition to herself, and while it did a little to protect them from the rain, it was raining so hard it soaked through. They were chilled to the bone.

Maybe it would be a good idea for them all to bathe while they were here to get warmed up.

Calista had done her best to shelter Yoon under her cloak while Kija took care of Zeno, but even they weren't completely spared.

Shin-ah wrung the water out of his fur, placing it on a hook near the door so that it could dry. His hair remained dry for the most part, thanks to his fluff.

The old man had been nice enough to give them some towels to use to dry off but while most of the men were using them, the girls were enraptured by the sight of rain drizzling outside.

Yona and Calista were stacked on top of each other at the window where the wind and rain blew heavily against the building, each of them holding an expression of awe but for different reasons.

"The lush, green land of the Water Tribe..." Yona mused sadly as the older girl wiggled into a spot beside her to get a better look. "It's too bad, I was looking forward to seeing it."

"The Land of Water drenched in rain is rather beautiful and elegant, too, though." Jae-ha chimed in from across the room.

"It's raining~" Calista sang happily, leaning forward to try and catch raindrops with her fingertips.

She didn't register how far out she was until she was tipping forward.

Shin-ah shot forward and she yelped as he grabbed her from behind, hauling her back. She landed with an 'oof' on top of him, landing in his lap. Blinking up at him with wide eyes, his throat bobbed as he swallowed thickly, his arms around her waist trembling in terror.

"You... were going to fall..." He murmured worriedly, nudging the back of her ear with his nose as water dripped off of the ends of her hair and clothes onto the floor.

Calista winced sheepishly as Yoon's sharp glare found its way to her. "Oops."

They were only on the second floor, Hak not wanting them to be on the first if they could help it. The height would give them an advantage to escape if anyone was after them, but strangely enough, he found himself more relaxed than usual. He wasn't nearly as worried as he usually was.