Chapter 98: Unexpected Guests

"Yona—!!"

Yoon came sprinting towards them and Calista clambered back down from the tree, careful to keep pressure off of her wounded ankle as she ran out to meet him alongside the princess. Her attempt had her crashing to the ground in seconds, an extremely concerned Shin-ah by her side in a second flat. 

"Yoon!!" Yona exclaimed as she reached him. "Listen, there's trouble—"

"I got the iza seeds!!"

His announcement cut her off but her face lit up despite the interruption. "What?! Really?! That's awesome!!"

"It's amazing, right?!" Yoon gushed to the two of them, eyes sparkling. "That old man is incredible!!"

"He gave it to you that easily?" Calista chimed in as Shin-ah helped her hobble over, slightly suspicious since the elder had accused them of stealing it earlier, but the youngest nodded quickly.

"The villagers loved Yona's dance, and—"

A hand covered his mouth the same time another was placed against Yona's. Looking up, Yoon saw Jae-ha's wry smirk.

"We want to raise a toast with you, but..."

"Be quiet for now." Hak finished lowly, gaze straying from the princess in his hold to the other two in the group of six.

Shin-ah had an arm around Calista's shoulders, ducking his head down to whisper something in her ear. She remained silent, nodding every so often to show she understood, and after he finished, she straightened up with a dazed look in her eyes.

Yoon lowered his voice. "What is it?"

Casting a look over his shoulder, Jae-ha's smirk turned into a subtle grimace.

"That."

Eyes widening in alarm as he followed his gaze, the pretty boy cried out, "Fire Tribe soldiers?! Why are they in the Kai Empire?!"

Crossing her arms over her chest, Calista's head swiveled in the opposite direction. "That's what we're trying to figure out."

Yona's forehead creased ever so slightly. "What's more is that they appear to wander around here a lot. I thought for sure they would be Kai Empire soldiers..."

Hak braced his glaive against his shoulder, a seemingly relaxed gesture but Calista spotted the cause for concern simmering in the depths of his eyes before anyone else picked up on it.

"You know something, Hak." She called him out and he let out a resigned sigh.

"Before, I heard a rumor that the head of the Fire Tribe was buying weapons from other countries." He explained to them as Kija's eyebrows drew in worriedly.

"But how can our country's soldiers stride into an enemy's land so confidently?" He asked, befuddled. 

Jae-ha shook his head. The answer to that question would have to wait. They had more important matters to attend to.

"What are we going to do?"

Yona exhaled softly, formulating a plan in her mind. Tilting her head to the side, she caught the raven-haired fighter staring back at her. "Any ideas?"

All eyes trained on Calista as Zeno came bounding over. 

"I recommend watching and waiting, Your Highness." She started, counting on her fingers the actions necessary to take. "Depending on what they are here for, you would have a cause to confront them if they are caught up in something illegal or if it endangers the safety of the Kouka's citizens. If not, then we will have to slip under the radar if you wish to pursue a course of action."