Chapter 19: Saving Shikamaru

Emiyo's P.O.V

Kimi and I continue to travel through the trees trying to catch up with Naruto and the others.

"How long do you think it will take to catch up to Naruto and the others?" I asked Kimi and we continue running through the trees.

"It might take some time since they're pretty far ahead," Kimi replied.

"Yeah you right it might take us some time to catch up with them," I said.

**

After a little bit longer of traveling. I suddenly smelt a familiar scent coming my way.

"Asuma-sensei," I said recognizing the scent heading my way.

"Yeah it's him he must also be coming after Naruto and the others," Kimi said.

"Yeah you're probably right," I replied when noticing that Naruto's group was moving faster.

"Looks like the pursuit team is close on their trail now because they're moving faster," I said looking at Kimi.

"I smell them also we better pick up the pace then," Kimi said.

**

Third person's P.O.V

Emiyo and Kimi were continuing to catch up with the others when she and Kimi smell someone behind them.

"Asuma-sensei," she said turning around to see Asuma behind her.

"Emiyo what are you doing out here," Asuma said.

"I was going after Naruto and the others, but now going towards the direction of where I smell Shikamaru scent now seems he playing as bait for the pursuit team," I said smelling Shikamaru wasn't with them anymore.

Kimi barked letting me know she also smelt he wasn't with them anymore.

"I see well lead the way then since you know already tracked the scent," Asuma said.

"Right come on Kimi let's go," I said before taking off in the direction of Shikamaru.

"Right behind you," Kimi said.

Asuma followed right behind Emiyo and Kimi.

**

After a while of traveling Emiyo, Kimi, and Asuma arrived at the location of Shikamaru.

"There guy in that tree," Emiyo said pointing at one of the trees. "You deal with him and I try to keep the guys down here busy.

"Got it you think you handle it?" Asuma asked.

"Yeah just leave it to me while you deal with the one in the tree.  Even if I can't defeat them Kimi will protect me if I'm in danger," Emiyo said.

"Well then I leave you to it for now," Asuma said heading over to where the 9th ninja was hiding.

"Man beast clone."

Kimi turned into a clone of Emiyo.

"Now Fang over fang," Emiyo said as she and Kimi used fang over fang to stop the sound ninja from getting any closer to Shikamaru.

"Emiyo," Shikamaru said surprised to see her.

"Yeah came to save you," she replied.

"Come on out and while you at it take out the extra brat that showed up," one of the sound ninjas said looking up at the tree.

'Yeah, nobody coming to take me out.  Asuma-sensei should have dealt with him by now.' Emiyo thought.

Right after she thought that Asuma appeared holding the guy under his arm.

"Asuma," Shikamaru said with relief and sitting down on the ground.

"I let you handle them now," Emiyo said leaning against a tree as Asuma took down the Sound ninja.

"You did well Shikamaru stay here and rest you earn it," Asuma said.

"Yeah, nice job keeping them busy. While Naruto and the others got away," Emiyo said.

"What are you even doing here Emiyo?" Shikamaru asked.

"I saw a pursuit team heading after. So I came to back you up. While Shino went after the Sand ninja that we're in the exams," she replied.

"Speaking of Shino should we go after him?" Kimi asked.

"Don't worry Kimi Shino will be fine. Besides I smell what I believe is his father heading in that direction. He will be fine we can start heading back home I guess," she said looking down at Kimi before getting ready to take off after waving bye to Asuma and Shikamaru.

"Understand then let's go home," Kimi.

'I guess I just tell Shino how I feel when this attack is over and dealt with. He should be fine after all his father heading his way. I'm positive it's his father since they smell very much alike just never really met him so don't actually know his scent. But I'm positive It's his father. Emiyo thought as she and Kimi began making their way back home.

🐕🐕🐕

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Also, don't forget to comment, and vote.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: What did you think of Emiyo role during the invasion?

Q: Who is looking forward to the announcement of what story got the most votes soon?

Thank you for reading 🧡🧡🧡