Chapter 9: Entering the Forest of death

Third person's P.O.V

The Genin we're assembled in front of the Forest of Death and watched as a bird landed on a massive branch of a large tree just beyond the fence. It chirped and flapped its wings, then was suddenly eaten by an enormous snake in a single bite before it eyed the Genin and slithered away.

"T-This place is just too creepy..." Sakura mumbled.

Anko chuckled and smirked slightly as she looked at the Genin's nervous expressions.

"This place is called the Forest of Death, and you'll soon understand why for yourselves."

Naruto crossed his arms and made a face, exhaling hotly. Then, he put his hands on his hips mockingly, shaking his butt.

Emiyo rolled her eyes at Naruto's behavior. While Kimi was in her jacket pocket taking a nap.

"'Blah blah blah, Forest of Death, you'll understand why.'" Naruto laughed loudly and recrossed his arms. "That kind of threat won't work on me one bit!" He pointed at her. "So, ha! I'm not scared!"

"Oh?" Anko smirked and tilted her head to the side, closing her eyes as she smiled too sweetly. "You've got a lot of energy."

Her smirk grew and she flicked her wrist and a Kunai knife slipped from her sleeve and into her hand, then she quickly threw it at him. It cut his cheek and buried itself into the ground behind the Grass Genin. Anko flickered behind Naruto before he could blink

"A kid like you dies in the very beginning," Anko whispered darkly and chuckled as his eyes widened and he stood rooted in place, almost trembling. "Dripping with the red blood that I like so much..."

Naruto turned slightly to look at her from the corner of his eyes, unable to make a sound or move. Anko chuckled again, holding his face as she leaned in close to him. And wiped some of the blood from his cheek with her finger.

She scowled and narrowed her eyes, flicking her other wrist to draw out another Kunai and turning to see a Grass Genin behind her. His tongue extended unnaturally beyond his mouth, holding a Kunai out to Anko.

Emiyo stared at the grass genin with a raised eyebrow.

'That a long tongue is almost like a snake.' Emiyo thought.

"I was just returning your kunai knife," The grass genin said.

"A-Ah... thanks for taking the trouble..."

The grass ninja expression darkened as he looked at Naruto's blood and Naruto shuddered slightly as a chill ran down his spine. Anko met his eyes with an equally intimidating stare.

"But... don't even dare stand behind me when you're so thirsty for blood. Unless you want a quick death..."

Anko took the Kunai from him and his tongue retracted back into his mouth as he smirked.

"Well, it's my nature to act up at the sight of the blood of such a lovely red color." His smirk grew as his tone lowered. "And, a bit of my precious hair was cut, so I got excited..."

Emiyo looked over at Hinata who was looking at Naruto with worry.

"We got a lot of hot-headed kids today," Anko said."There must be something in the air."

'Are people are just crazy and need serious help.' Emiyo thought.

"Well, before we start the second phase, I have to pass this out to you!" Anko walked to the front of the group to stand in front of the gates. She took out a stack of papers from inside her jacket for them to see. "This is a consent form. Before you can take part in this test, you have to sign it." She said giving Naruto the stack of paper to pass away.