6. The tryst. - Chris

"Bye, sweetheart

"Bye, sweetheart."

I force myself to put one foot in front of the other and out the door. Must walk away from Olivia before I make her uncomfortable with my desperate, thirsty mind.

"Come lock the door behind me, huh?" I encourage.

The dog trots with me to the front door. "Bye, Snuggles," I tell her, scratching her chin. I rub the back of my neck as I straighten up. I don't want to leave her now that I've found her again. "Do you have a security system?"

"No," she answers softly, and looks down at Snuggles. "Just my guard dog."

I smile down at her. "And a good one at that. Let me help you out with that, okay?"

I need excuses to keep coming around. She might be Olivia Graham to me, but the truth is she's Olivia Bowsher—a woman who was married just a few days ago. It appears unhappily married, but married nonetheless, so I need to continue to invent reasons to come around.

"I'll sleep better at night knowing you're taken care of," I say, reaching for the door handle.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." She smiles wryly before whistling for the dog to join her.

I hate walking away right now. Turning to slide into my car, I take one last quick look. She's faced sideways, so I see her profile. Her familiar, adorable face framed by dark blond hair. Her head comes up to about my eyes when she's standing in front of me.

I can't really talk about the rest of her without needing a cold shower.

I've taken quite a few cold showers because of Olivia Graham. As I reverse the car, I recall catching her in just her underwear in high school. I was headed upstairs to Will's room and was stopped in my tracks at the sexy girl walking down the hallway, singing a Taylor Swift song.

"Um, Liv," I coughed.

"What are you doing here!?" She yelled as she dashed into the bedroom she just came out of, slamming the door behind her.

"Why are you almost naked?!" I shout back.

"I didn't know anybody was here!"

"Why are you even home!? I thought you weren't back until next week."

"Chris!"

I chuckle, and apologize through the door. That image stayed in my brain for months after that. Except in my mind, it went a lot further than that.

Since I didn't have zero idea how to please a woman, it mostly just involved her coming back out and asking me to show her what I look like in my boxers. She pulls me into her bedroom, and we make out in her bedroom, me getting her fully naked, and being on top of her.

But now.

We exchange a smile as I pull out of her driveway. I'm still smiling as I stop and park my car. I step on the porch, and the door pops open in front of me.

"Finally!" Casey says happily with a huge grin. "Get that cute ass in here."

I laugh with her, getting my utility belt off while she closes the door. She's been blowing up my phone for a while already, so I know she's been anticipating my arrival. "Hi, babe," I say, my hand on her hair, kissing her once long and hard, playfully nipping her lip as I pull back.

She moves to the side of my neck, placing light kisses as I ask how her week was. "Good," she whispers, reaching for my belt buckle. "You?"

I tug it off after she undoes it. "Okay. But an old friend of mine's husband died, and I had to notify her."

"Mm, I'm sorry." Casey pulls back, apologizing, her hands interlaced around my neck. "Do you still wanna?"

"Yup!" I'm turned the fuck up after all my time with Olivia today. I kiss Casey back fiercely, quickly undoing my buttons on my uniform. I bend down and hurriedly pull her up to me. "Officer Rollins!" She says dramatically with a giggle. Women love to do that shit.

Then I'm walking us to the bedroom like I have dozens of times before, kissing her mouth while her fingers curl into my hair. I shimmy her out of her leggings and tug off my shirt before lowering my mouth to her stomach and my fingers to her underwear as I begin to tease her to get her all revved up.

Forty-five minutes later, I'm laid out on the bed and thoroughly satisfied, "You need anything before I head out?" I ask in her ear, kissing her temple once.

"No, baby, I'm okay."

Relieved that the built-up tension has vanquished, I hop into the car and head home, thinking about Olivia. I know this isn't going to work, but how I avoid being sucked in?

I roll the window down, letting the cool breeze blow through my hair, trying to sober up. "Fuck," I mutter, rubbing a hand over my face.

Less than a decade later, and my baggage is heavier than ever. And it's going to drown us both if I don't let her go.

 And it's going to drown us both if I don't let her go