29. The love bubble. - Olivia

Brilliant morning light streams through the windows, and birds greet the day with cheer

Brilliant morning light streams through the windows, and birds greet the day with cheer. It's peaceful, and I feel secure.

I love this cliche happiness right now. It's a nice change of pace from the past few weeks. And I think it's because of whose home I'm in.

It was dark when I got in this room last night, and I wasn't kidding when I teased him about his lack of decor. It's such a bachelor pad type of place. His comforter is dark blue, and his sheets stark white. The walls are bare and white.

I roll over to find Sean sleeping peacefully next to me. Now I'm feeling something different than peaceful as I look him over.

Quietly, I reach for my phone and snap a photo of him. He looks just so cute lying there. Those perfect lips of his are relaxed and still, look so kissable.

📱 OLIVIA
Isn't he so cute?

📱 LINDS
Liv, you tart!

I giggle at her words, and Snuggles hears me moving. She comes in to say good morning, thumping her tail against the wall.

I tiptoe out of Sean's bedroom and head to the hallway to let Snugs outdoors. I quietly let us outside and pull my phone out to send her another text message.

OLIVIA
Linds, oh my gahhh. He's so amazing!

LINDSEY
Livvie baby! Like, in general, or? 😏

I'm waiting for Lindsey's response when a hello text from Chris comes through. I frown at my phone and wait for either of them to text me again.

CHRIS
I know you're not home, so I wanted to text you so you're not surprised. I beefed ed up security at your house because I can't sleep. I just finished.

OLIVIA
You didn't have to do that! Thank you! What do I need to know?

CHRIS
I hope you know I care about you, Livvie. I changed the code. It's 0626.

OLIVIA
Oh my gosh. You would! 😆

CHRIS
I would what?

OLIVIA
I know that's your birthday, Christopher.

CHRIS
I didn't know you knew my birthday, babe.

OLIVIA
Bull. Whatever, how much do I owe you?

CHRIS
Nothing. And you can change the code.

OLIVIA
No, I'm glad you know it in case something happens to me.

CHRIS
I would never let that happen.

OLIVIA
It almost did last night.