Chapter 24: Stolen Song

This is a mini arc that has been on my mind for quite a while, I think this is a good place to write it in terms of chronological order of events. These chapters are basically fillers, but still kind of important to the story, so they're not like OVAs.

Two weeks later:

"Well, I think I've... calmed down enough and ready to go back to the guild," Blue said to Sothe and Vanessa.

"About time eh buddy?" Sothe clapped his best friend's back.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," the past 14 days, Blue had been pretty distracted with the new information about his mother and the Mystic Paladin, so they hadn't been able to do much about fighting against dark guilds. They were currently in the town of Clover. Blue recalled an incident regarding Lullaby, one of Zeref's demons, but the combined efforts of Natsu, Gray, and Erza fended it off. Speaking of those three, Blue's eyes widened as he actually spotted them a few feet ahead, Lucy, Happy, and Wendy with them.

"Frick! Go hide somewhere, Team Natsu is here!" Blue hissed. Sothe and Vanessa nodded and he felt them disappear from his side. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and started whistling casually.

"Ey! Blue!" Erza and Gray dashed up to him. Blue looked at them and waved.

"Hey guys," he greeted with an eye smile.

"Where have you been this whole time?!" Erza glared.

"Oh, here and there. Went to visit some places I haven't been to in a while," Blue shrugged, unfazed by the dark aura she was emitting. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Here on a job, we just finished, luckily, the only thing Flame Brain did was blow up a wall, which took out about ten percent out of our reward," Gray glared at the pinkette who mirrored the stripper's expression. Natsu was about to retort, when suddenly, a crowd of girls pushed past the group squealing about something about a song. I don't know if my ears are working right, but did I hear the word, "Stitches?" Blue thought to himself, raising an eyebrow at that.

"What was that all about?" the water mage asked, pointing a thumb at the females. "I thought I heard something called 'Stitches?'"

"You don't know?" Lucy asked incredulously.

"No, is this some sort of new trend? I've been sorta off the radar the past few days," Blue replied.

"You'll see when we get back to the guild. You are coming with us right? Violet has been worried sick about you," Erza said.

"Eh, I was planning on coming back this evening, but, might as well go back with you guys," he said.

"Great! Let's get back to the guild then! I need some of Mira's cooking!" Natsu fist-pumped. Lucy sighed at her boyfriend's antics. Blue turned around and gave Sothe and Vanessa a small "good-bye, see you later" gesture. They nodded back and disappeared into the crowd.

Timeskip, that evening:

Natsu ran forward, slammed the guild doors open and bolted straight to the bar.

"My usual please, Mira! Put it on my tab, I'll pay you tomorrow, I'm too hungry to wait and gather the jewels," Natsu asked.

"Fine, I'll hold you to that. Coming right up Natsu!" Mira replied, secretly wondering if she'd made the wrong decision. She knew that Natsu wasn't one to lie or cheat, but he was pretty irresponsible. Hopefully, dating Lucy will teach him.

Everyone saw that Blue Corallite was back and few of them said welcome back. The water mage nodded back to them.

"Where's my sister?" he asked.