Chapter 8: Water and Ice

"Where's Broderick!" Blue said bursting into the house. "Hurry! It's an emergency," Blue said panting heavily. Madeleine ran over to him and put one of his arms around his shoulder.

"Are you ok Blue?" she asked.

"I'm fine, just a bit out of breath, I ran here as fast I could," he said panting.

"What's happening?" Broderick said running into the room.

"You need to evacuate all the villagers out of their rooms and take them to a safe place. Don't ask me how I know this, it's too complicated to explain, but Crimson Shadow is launching a raid on this village. They'll be here in a few minutes," Blue explained.

"I'll sound the alarm," Broderick ran out of the room. And soon the sound of an alarm was heard throughout the village. (author: think of an emergency alarm you hear in schools)

"I need... water," Blue gasped.

"Madeleine, Anya, bring water as much as you can. Please hurry!" Blue pleaded. The two women left the room as well. Madeleine and Anya came in dragging in two large barrels of water. "Awesome," Blue grinned. He let out a deep breath and his stomach contracted then he started sucking up all the water from the barrels until they were completely dry.

"How did he do that?" Anya gasped.

"Don't tell anyone this, but I am the Water Dragon Slayer. And that's not all, I'm also the vigilante wizard people know as the Sea Serpent," Blue explained. Both the women's eyes widened. "Well, I need to go," he said. He dashed out of the house.

Blue stood in front of Broderick's house. Madeleine and Anya were standing at the door watching with worried looks on their faces. Suddenly Blue sensed something coming. He drew his sword and sliced an arrow out of the air. "Water Make: Bubble Shield!" He formed a large half-sphere shield around them and the house. "Lingering Magic: Impermanence!" The shield glowed a bit and dimmed. "There the bubble shield should keep itself that way, now I don't have to focus on keeping it up" 

"Look over there!" Anya cried out. Blue looked in the direction she was pointing. A group of about fifty men in dark cloaks was charging at them with swords out.

"Madeleine, Anya, stay where you are!" Blue called out to them.

"Water Make: Big Wave!" Blue launched a giant wave that took out half the group. "What the hell?" Blue exclaimed. "These guys are jokes," he muttered.

"They are jokes compared to you two wizards, but I can assure, I am the real deal," said a voice. Suddenly the temperature dropped, and Blue started shivering. Then a black cloud appeared, it cleared up to show a man with white hair and a scar under his left eye. "Well, well, well. It seems we have a Fairy fly that needs to swatted down," the man said.

"Don't underestimate me," Blue said angrily pointing his sword at the man, "I'm an S-Class wizard," he said.

"Oh, yeah? So what? I should probably introduce myself. I am Coldstar, guild master of Crimson Shadow," the man said.

"YOU'RE WHAT!?" Blue exclaimed. "Coldstar? I've been hunting you for months! You use Ice God Slayer magic." Blue walked up to Coldstar, "I've been searching for you for a long time, Coldstar."

Coldstar raised an eyebrow, "Am I supposed to know who you are Fairy?"

"Yes," Blue said and looked at Coldstar straight in the eye, "the Sea Serpent." Coldstar's eyes widened with fear.

"No, you're bluffing, you're not the Sea Serpent. The Sea Serpent disappeared seven years ago. I'm a God Slayer, you'll never beat me."

"Well, the Sea Serpent is back," Blue retorted. "I don't care if you're a God Slayer, a Dragon Slayer, or a Demon Slayer, you're still going down!" The fear left Coldstar's eyes and was instead replaced with disbelief.