Chapter 21: The Tank Explodes

I have never felt so excited to write a chapter. I'm doing my author's note at the beginning of the chapter instead of the end, for a specific reason. You'll probably understand why at the end. If you don't? Then oh, well. This is also the last of my prewritten stash. Daily uploads are done. I'm still writing chapter 22. Well, all good things must come to an end, sometime. Anyway, let's go!

Blue lagged behind and followed Lisanna all the way to the guild. He watched her open the guild doors and walked in. Luckily, they stayed open so Blue lingered outside, sipping his coffee and listened.

"Can we help you?" he heard Erza asked.

"Yes, is there a 'Lucy Heartfilia' here?" the disguised woman asked.

"Why do you ask?" Natsu questioned. Good, he's still protective over Lucy after what happened, Blue nodded, savoring the taste of his drink.

"Nothing important, I just want to talk to her," she replied.

"If it's nothing important, then why don't tell us what your business is with her?" the dragon slayer countered. From the way she was standing, Blue could tell that the disguised Lisanna was getting nervous. Before the fake red-head could reply, a certain blonde came in. Damn, he cursed.

"Something happening?" Lucy said, wrapping up the whip Virgo gave her and then putting it back on her waist. "Oh, we have a guest. Nice to meet you, I'm Lucy Heartfilia, what's your business with Fairy Tail?"

"Actually, I'm here for you, I have a small matter to talk to you about," the woman replied. Lucy nodded, but Natsu cut in.

"You didn't answer my question. What business do you have with her? Tell us and I'll let you two go," he said sharply emphasizing the "I'll."

"As I said before, nothing major. Nothing bad is going to happen," Lisanna replied. A complete lie.

"Oh cut the crap," everyone jerked their heads toward the door, and say they saw Blue standing there casually, a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Blue, do not be rude. Regardless of our suspicions, we should treat our guests with respect. And also, where did you come from?" Makarov chided walking down the steps. To his surprise, Blue ignored him, he took another sip and said.

"Except, she isn't really a guest. We know something terribly bad is going to happen. Right, Lisanna?" Everyone in the guild tensed. The woman started grinning and she threw off what looked like a red whig on the ground. Hmm... she didn't seem to be scared of me. Well, she's paying too much attention to Lucy and not to me, Blue thought.

"It is me. And I'm here to settle it once and for all. I will KILL you, Lucy! No matter what!" Natsu growled and was about to step forward, but Lucy put her arm out in front of him.

"Luce-"

"She's right. This has gone way too far. We need to settle this once and for all. Just the two of us," the blonde said, her whip occupying her hand once again. She took out her keys and put them on the table. "I won't be using my spirits," she declared.

Lisanna looked at Natsu, "How have you been Natsu-hime?" she addressed the pinkette seductively.

"When will you get it through your ten-foot thick skull, that Natsu NEVER loved you!" Lucy screamed.

"Oh, please, if you'd never waltzed into this guild, he would've been mine," Lisanna scoffed. Lucy nodded.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that, when you know it isn't true," the blonde retorted.

"Enough, stop delaying the inevitable, and let's fight," Lisanna said, transforming into her signature cat takeover. Lucy nodded, she raised her hand over her head and a large golden magic circle appeared above them. Then a white, transparent dome was summoned.