Chapter 16: The Secret Spot

Continuing the flashback:

"So where exactly are we going?" Celina asked.

"You know that lake that's about one mile from outside the city?" Blue inquired.

"Oh, you mean Moonlight Lake?" she said.

"Yep, that's the place. So..." he looked around to make sure no one was listening as they walked side by side, "I don't know if people really know about this, but there is actually a huge cavern deep, down under the water." Celina's eyes widened.

"You're kidding," she said.

"No, I'm a hundred percent serious here," Blue said. "Well come on then! We'll probably be spending the whole day there."

"Whole day?" Celina said incredulously.

"Yeah, you see, I actually spend most of my time there, us going to my apartment was one of the rare times I go there," he explained.

"Oh, ok," they walked past the city boundaries.

"So, I've told you a lot about me. What about you? I barely know anything about you," Blue remarked.

"Oh... about me huh?" she said in a depressing voice looking down.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want," Blue said quickly raising his arms up defensively. Then he flinched, and he clutched his right shoulder, he took in a sharp breath, "Ow!" he muttered.

"What is it?" Celina asked worriedly.

"Oh nothing, just the gun wound. I probably shouldn't put any stress on my right arm for a while," he waved his hand, "but don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course! I've been through a lot worse," she still looked at him with the anxious look, "besides the torture that was inflicted on me."

"Oh."

"So anyway, about me..." Celina said.

"As I said before, you don't have to tell me if you feel comfortable," Blue reassured.

"No, I should, after all, you've told about yourself. It's only fair that I tell you about me," she let out a deep sigh.

"My family holds the majority of the shares in Fargo Conglomerate," she stated.

"Fargo Conglomerate," Blue cupped his chin with his hand, "Where have I heard that before?"

"It's the biggest oil company in the world," Celina said.

"Aah, that makes sense."

"But I ran away a few months ago, after I graduated from college, being forced to study business. All I ever wanted was to live a free life. I wanted to study arts and technology."

(author: yes, her backstory is extremely similar to Lucy's)

"You ran away?!" Blue exclaimed.

"Since I'm technically an adult, the authorities can't really do anything about it. But still, I've been keeping a low profile," she whispered. "I wouldn't put it past my parents to try and bring me back forcefully."

"Why'd you run away?" Blue asked. "And why would your parents try to force you to come back?"

"The day after my graduation, I was introduced to a man named Michael Peterson. His father was the CEO of the second biggest oil business. I forgot what the company was called. My dad told me to spend the day with him, get to know him, and all. At first, I was excited, I barely had any friends. And all the friends I made in college went their own separate ways. Then my hopes immediately plummeted. He kept talking as if we were engaged or something. That's when it hit me. Engaged." Celina stopped as anger filled her gaze. They stopped.