Chapter 15: Recalling the Pain

Continuing the Flashback:

Blue put on his fingerless gloves and left his hiding spot and walked out into the open, "What the hell is going on here?" he asked.

"We're robbing-"

"Idiot, that was a rhetorical question," Blue cut across.

"You dare talk to us that way? We're armed and you're not, get down and pass up all your money and valuables," the man with the spears demanded.

"Make me," Blue dared. Celina stared worriedly at him, but the water mage gave her a reassuring pat on the head.

"Oh, I'll make you. You've got a big mouth don't you?" the man threw one his spears at Blue, who leaned back and caught it.

"Yeah, well unfortunately for you I'm a lot more powerful than I look," Blue said.

"All right boys, by the time I make one turn around, he needs to be dead," the man ordered.

"Yes sir!" the man turned and his minions started shooting. Blue sighed, idiots. He used the spear he had caught and started blocking and deflecting the bullets as a lightsaber would do to a blaster. Everyone in the room stared in awe, especially Celina. The shooters were in shock, and they started reloading.

"So stupid, never let your guard down," Blue said and he dashed forward knocking out both men simultaneously with both sides of the spear. The leader of the group turned and expected to see Blue's bloody corpse, but instead saw the unconscious forms of his own.

"You know, people who threaten the lives of the innocent for their own benefit, really piss me off," Blue told him. The man swung his remaining spear at Blue, who ducked tripped the man, knocked the spear from his grip, and pointed the metal stick at his throat.

"W-w-who are you?" the man stuttered. Blue smiled.

"Someone you shouldn't mess with," he replied. Suddenly, Blue sensed movement, he turned and saw one of the men that Celina had knocked pointing a gun at her. "Watch out!" Blue dived in front of her and he felt excruciating pain in his right shoulder. Blood dripped down his arm as he looked down at the crooks. "Don't you dare try anything funny, just because I'm shot doesn't mean I can't fight." Then they heard the wailing of police cars. "Oh well, the police are here." He turned and let out a shaky breath as he clutched his shoulder.

"Are you all right?" Celina asked.

"I'm fine. Hey, um, can we leave now? I'd rather not get questioned by the police," Blue requested.

"Yeah, sure, we'll leave through the backdoor," once they were outside, Celina said, "I'll take you to my house. You were shot with a gun."

"You really don't have to-"

"Please let me do this. You saved my life, think of this as my way of saying thank you," she looked at him pleadingly.

"How far away do you live?" Blue asked as he reached into his jacket and pulled out a small handkerchief, which he wrapped around his shoulder. "This is should slow down the bleeding for now."

"I live on the outskirts of the west side of the city."

"That's pretty far, let's go to my place, it's a lot closer. I live in an apartment building a few blocks away," Blue suggested.

"Okay then, I'll drive you there."

"By drive, you mean in a car?" Blue asked nervously.

"Yes, what else would that mean?" Celina asked raising an eyebrow at him.