Chapter 12: Battle of the Guilds

Somewhere far away:

"Anna!" a woman with long purple hair called. An older blonde woman with one long ponytail walked up to her.

"What is it?" Anna asked.

"Look! I found him! I found Blue!" the purple-haired woman said shoving a newspaper under Anna's nose.

"The Sea Serpent Unmasked, Revealed to be the Water Dragon Slayer by the name of Blue Corallite, I've known about this for a while," the blonde woman said.

"What! And you didn't bother to tell me?!" the younger one shouted.

"Sorry, but I couldn't have you distracted from your work. I only found out about two weeks ago anyway. I gave him Aanamia's scroll through a man who is the leader of a village he was traveling to," Anna replied.

"Fine, but please don't hide things from me again," the other person said.

"Very well, I apologize for keeping that from you," Anna said.

"It's fine, now what's the situation like?"

"The good thing is that we know where Blue is, the bad part is that now Acnologia knows about Blue. We know how much trouble he went through to exterminate the Water Dragons. I wonder how he'll react seeing that a Water Dragon Slayer exists," Anna replied thoughtfully.

"I don't know, but I get this feeling that something big is going to happen, and Acnologia will wait for it to happen, so he won't attack right away," the younger one said.

"Well, let's see what happens, because your intuition is almost always right," Anna replied, her companion nodded in agreement. "But when you do go to meet him, do not reveal anything. Do not reveal what happened with him and the other dragon slayers with the Eclipse Gate. Do not reveal anything about your family, ESPECIALLY, the origins of Kenshin Corallite."

Back to Crocus:

"BLUE!" The water wizard jumped out of his hammock, drew his lance, and found himself face-to-face with Erza.

"The hell?" Blue said confused, "What's your deal Erza?"

"Let's spar for a bit," she replied, "I need to practice my swordplay, I might run into that girl, Kagura from Mermaid Heel."

"Kagura, you mean that girl that fights with a sheathed sword?" Blue asked.

"Yeah, that's her."

"Okay then, let's spar, I was planning to do some training anyway when I woke up," Blue agreed, Erza nodded. They began to fight and clash weapons, Erza requipping into all her different armors, while Blue used the occasional water attack. They spent an hour dueling with each other. The Queen of the Fairies was very impressed, there was practically no flaw in Blue's movements. He was a prodigy. Afterward, Blue and Gray sparred together with their Maker magic. After that, Blue and Laxus practiced fighting against each other, Blue wanting to increase redirecting capabilities. Finally, he clashed with his fellow Dragon Slayer, Gajeel.

Timeskip: A few hours later:

"All right then, I think that's enough for today. Let's eat a good dinner and rest for the night," Blue suggested and the others agreed.

"One more thing Blue," Erza said.

"What is it?"

"Well, me, Laxus, Gray, and Gajeel have agreed on something," she said. 

"Whoa, Gray actually agreed with Gajeel on something?" they flashed him an irritated look, "Yeah sorry, what was it you guys agreed on?"

"We've decided to make you the team leader in tomorrow's Grand Magic Game," Laxus said.