Chapter 1: The Storm

S-Class Trials x777:

"Blue!" Makarov called, "It's your turn to test yourself against Laxus!"

(author: Pretend that Laxus is already S-Class, IDK if he already was during this time)

"Finally!" Blue said as he finished drinking a full barrel of water. He wiped his mouth and formed some balls of water and let them splashback onto his arms. 

"You got this Blue!"

"Yeah Blue!"

Blue turned around and saw Gray and Erza looking up at him cheering him on. Blue was three years older than them, while Laxus was a few years older than him. Blue often went with two young wizards on jobs. They both looked up to him as a role model and big brother. "Of course! I'll be sure to win with you two cheering me on!" He said grinning down at them.

Gray and Erza returned it with bright smiles. I'll win this... for them. Be prepared Laxus, I'll make sure you reveal your Lightning Dragon Slaying powers. But whatever happens, I can't use my true power. His left eye flashed red a bit at the thought of revealing his true power.

The tall, skinny yet strong young man walked onto the battlefield of Tenrou Island. His jet-black hair flowing with the low breeze and his sky-blue eyes shining with excitement as he prepared for his final test to become an S-Class wizard.

"This'll be quick. I'm going against hydro-head. Everyone knows how lightning reacts with water," Laxus said scoffing.

"I'll make sure that the reactions between lightning and water aren't a liability for me," Blue said brimming with confidence.

"I like your confidence. Let's if you can back it up," Laxus said as he let lightning spark through his body.

"Gladly," Blue said as he surrounded himself with water.

"Alright brats, this how the test will go," Makarov said. "Blue if you can outlast this battle for five minutes, you'll pass. If you can defeat him you'll pass. If you are defeated before the five minutes are up, you don't pass. Got that?"

Blue nodded in understanding.

"Ready... set... begin!" Blue and Laxus stared at each other, neither of them blinking once nor making a move. This'll be a battle for the ages. Blue thought to himself. He took a deep breath and let the blood and magic flow through his body. He felt his magic power begin to rise. The bystanders started murmuring.

"What's happening?"

"Is it just me, or is Blue's magic power going up?"

Laxus's eyes widened, he made a fist and summoned a lightning bolt. Blue took a second to sense its power. Nope, not powerful enough. I need a stronger one. "Water Make: Bubble Skates!" Blue nimbly skated himself out of danger of the lightning.

"Nu-uh, gotta be faster," Blue said wagging his index finger. Laxus eyes widened with rage and he summoned another lightning bolt. Stronger, but still not enough. He skids out of danger again, "Come on Sparky, I know you can do better than that," Blue taunted.

"Is he trying to piss him off?"

"What he's trying to do? Is he trying to prove something?"

"Shut it! Hydro!" Laxus growled. This time he summons a very powerful lightning bolt. Perfect. This time Blue didn't attempt to dodge the bolt. He put his left fist into the air and pointed his index and middle fingers. The lightning hits fingers. It stings badly at first, but he let the magic energy from the lightning flow through his body. Blue put his right arm out and put his index and middle fingers toward Laxus and redirected the lightning blast back at him. Everyone gasped in shock. It was too fast for Laxus to dodge. Come on, do it, eat the lightning, do it. Laxus snarled and sucked up the lightning into his mouth.