Chapter 6: The Challenger

"This way guys," Wendy said.

"Do you think he has fish?" Happy asked.

"Really he-cat? We're looking for a friend and you ask if he has fish? Grow up," said an irritated Carla.

"Are you sure you're going in the right direction Wendy?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah, I can't smell him," Natsu complained.

"That's because you were drunk, your senses are still dull," Wendy retorted. Then her eyes lit up. "Look above you guys!" Everyone looked up and their jaws dropped. They see a two-story tree-house on top of a large tree right in front of them.

"Wow, Blue really knows how to build doesn't he?" Erza said.

"Well he is a Maker wizard, so he's bound to have some creative abilities," Gray said thoughtfully. Next to the rope ladder, they saw a hammock. Next to the hammock was a midnight-black coat, a shirt, and his silver spear was leaning against a coat rack. Wendy heard light snoring coming from the hammock. The group walked over and they see Blue sleeping peacefully in the hammock. Wendy started to blush heavily. He's shirtless. Wow, he's well-built. Ugh, stop thinking this way, Wendy! She shook her head and forced herself to look away.

"FOOD! I SMELL FOOD! AND IT SMELLS REALLY GOOD!" Natsu suddenly yelled. Blue yelped and hopped out of his hammock, gripping his spear in mid-jump. Wendy just couldn't take her eyes off of him as she watched his muscles ripple. He was breathing heavily and then seemed to recognize the others and relaxed.

"What the hell are you guys doing here? That was literally the best sleep I've had in a really long time. You just had to ruin it," he said sounding very irritated. "Did you have to scream Natsu? What in the world were you yelling about?"

"You idiot!" Lucy and Erza gave Natsu a whack on the head.

"Come to think of it... How'd you guys find this place?" Blue asked.

"It was me," Wendy said, "I followed your scent."

"Huh? How? I Water Spouted straight from the guildhall to here, I didn't leave any scent trail," Blue said in confusion.

"Honestly, I'm not sure how I just had a feeling that I would know where to find you," Wendy said her face reddening.

"Uh-huh alright then, why are you guys here in the first place?" Blue said as he stretched, trying to cure his fatigue of sleeping.

"No particular reason," Erza said, "We just wanted to see where you lived."

"Eh, I honestly don't have a problem with you guys visiting as long you guys don't try to disturb me while I'm sleeping. I can get very irritated and cranky in the mornings like I am right now," he said scowling at Natsu. "Oh yeah, you didn't answer my question, why the hell did you scream?" He asked Natsu.

"I smelled something really good," Natsu replied drooling.

"I thought your senses were dulled," Blue said.

"Nothing gets in the way of Natsu and food," Lucy said sighing.

"Oh, I don't actually have food in my house. It smells like seafood because it reminds me of the ocean," Blue said blissfully.

"Didn't you build this seven years ago? Don't you think it might be, oh I don't dirty and dusty after all this time?" Lucy asked.

"Oh no, it's completely fine. Before I left to find you guys on Tenrou Island, I cast a spell on this place so that time would freeze in this particular area. I learned some stuff from Mystogan. Okay? I thought I would be gone for a while so I did that. Why do you think the treehouse looks like it was built recently? I lifted the spell when I came back last night," Blue explained.