Chapter 26: Something that only you would know

{STILES' POV}

I stood looking at my faint reflection in the window.  The whole button down shirt and black slacks seemed to make me look more ridiculous than usual, and my face was still in that ever present frown and emotionless eyes.  It kind of reminded me of why I first started calling Derek sourwolf in the first place.

I let out a dry chuckle at the short stubble that for once in my life has started to grow.  My thin lips pressed into a tight frown.  My eyes even seemed to be lighter brown in comparison to the dark shadowy bags under my eyes.  There was a light knock on the door and I turned just in time to hear Allison's voice on the other side.

"Stiles?  Do you have on the clothes I brought over yet?" I heard her chime and I sighed as I slowly walked to the door and pulled open to reveal her in her black lacey dress.

"Hey, that looks pretty nice on you" she smiled softly as she scanned me up and down.  I nodded slightly as I walked back over and stared out at the window.

"Stiles" she whispered desperately "please say something.  You haven't talked to any of your visitors since Peter.  Not even you dad.  We're worried."  I bit my lip as I turned to see her sad face, but I still didn't speak.

"Look Stiles, I know this has to be enormously hard for you.  I mean, you loved Derek more than anyone and today is his funeral" she explained "but Derek wouldn't want you to shut out everyone else that loves you."

"And why the hell do you think you know what Derek would want?" I muttered with a sighed and her head fell before she looked back up at me.

"Because.... because he-" she stopped abruptly as she looked behind me and her eyes widened.

"He what?" I grumbled, crossing my arms.  All I wanted is for her to leave and not force me to go to the stupid funeral.

"Because he's right behind you...."

***

I paced around my room anxiously.  Purgatory sucked.  It was just a big waiting game.  That and I hadn't been able to see Stiles again after that first time. 

I pulled the small stack of wrinkled photos from my pocket, leafing through them as a frown grew on my face.  I frowned because I was starting to worry that I would never see any of these people again.  I would never see Stiles again.  And that kills me the most after seeing how torn up he was.

"Derek!?" I heard my sister calling from the room next to mine and I sighed as I began making my way to the hall, but right as I stepped through the door way, the whole scenery changed.

"Because.... because he-" I heard Allison's voice and looked up to see her and Stiles standing in the same room I'd seen Stiles in before.  It was only then that I realized that Allison was staring at me wide eyed.... directly at me.

Allison must not have lost her necromancy powers when Stiles did.  Oh my god, I can give her a message for Stiles!

"He what?" Stiles grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.  I so desperatle wished I could tap his shoulder and see him grin at the sight of me.  Though I was afraid that if I touched him like last time, this would all disapear again.

"Because he's right behind you...." Allison whispered and I watched Stiles' back stiffen up in hope.

"Don't give bullshit Allison.  Have you already forgotten that you told me you lost your powers as well" Stiles sigh, the slight hope in his posture, falling away "I know you're just trying to get me to go to the funeral."

"Funeral?" I quizzed, speaking up for the first time and I could tell Allison could hear me by the look on her face.

"Your funeral is today" she stated awkwardly before turning back to Stiles "And I thought my necromancy power was gone too, but I guess it isn't... because Derek is really standing right there."  She pointed directly at me a few feet from Stiles.  I looked over and my face fell as I could tell Stiles was holding back tears.  He always seemed to chew his thumbnail whenever he felt like crying.

"Fine Derek" he stated blatently "if you really are here, then tell Allison something that only you would know."  I heard the tiny bit of hope in his voice, but I could also tell he was afraid to acknowlege for fear of being hurt again.  I racked my brain for anything I could possibly say to get him to know it was me.  Then suddenly it came to me.  Something that only him and myself knew.

"The dinner right outside of town.  Shonen Dining" I snapped excitedly "the first time we ever met.  You were upset and I was trying to help you out.  You thought the word upset was foreign to me"   I let out a soft chuckle at the memory.  (Refer to Stiles' flashback/dream in the beginning of Chapter 4)  Allison restated my memory word for word and I watched as Stiles composure seemed to slowly crumpled and he let the first tear fall from the corner of his eye.

"Derek" he let out in a huge sob.  He whipped his head around, desperate to see me but I knew he couldn't.  I suddenly felt an airy feeling and I knew I wasn't going to be able to stay long.

"Allison!  I can't stay.  Something's happening.... Tell Stiles I love hi-"  And in a gust I was wisked off back into purgatory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here is chapter 26.  I hope you all enjoyed and I'll try and update again really soon.  Thanks for reading!  ^_^