Chapter 7: How Stupid Do You Think I Am?

{STILES' POV}

I crossed my arms defiantly at the sight of Derek in front of me.  It was like finally seeing him in front of me again made me want to hug him and punch him in the face at the same time.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded trying to stay strong with my anger, but I could slowly feel it fading.  I missed the feel of his hugs and kisses.

"Look, I know your mad Stiles" Derek sighed and I just scoffed.

"That's the understatement of the century" I muttered and I watched Derek's shoulders sink a bit.

"Look Stiles, I so sorry I lied to you and kept secrets, but I was trying to keep you safe" he offered.  He stepped forward, raising his hand to touch my cheek, but I turned away just in time for his fingers to brush my cheek and fall to his side.  I secretly savored the feel of his touch, even though I kept a scowl on my face.

"You can't just expect me to forgive you Derek" I grumbled "I don't even know how I can trust you to be honest with me anymore."  I saw Derek purse his lips out of the corner of my eye.

"Then let me tell you the truth, the whole truth" He pleaded and I turned to him with a raised eyebrow.  Why is he suddenly so willing to tell me the truth?

"Alright, let's here it" I stated as I stared him straight in the eye.  My whole body was begging me to jump into his arms, but I held myself back.

"Can I come in, this might take a while" he asked while biting his lip and I had to move my eyes elsewhere before I could lose my composure and attacked his lips.  I wanted to say no, to make him stand out in the hall awkwardly, but my mouth acted before my brain did.

"Okay" I sighed as I stepped to the side, letting him past me.

"You kept my jacket" Derek smiled as he saw his old jacket hanging over the desk chair.  I felt my heart skip a beat, cursing myself for not hiding.

"Well, it's not like I had much of a choice.  It's the only Jacket that still fits me that I could find" I shrugged, acting as if it was no big deal.

"Really?" he quizzed as he picked up another jacket off the floor.  I closed my eyes letting out a deep sigh.

"So are you going to tell me the truth or not?" I demanded, changing the subject "because if you're not then there's the door."  I pointed toward the door to the motel room.

"Okay, okay" he stated with his hands up "It started a few months ago, I started noticing signs."

"Signs?" I quizzed and he just continued on.

"Mass murders starting further out and getting closer and closer to beacon hills" He explained "as I explored it further, I had the idea that it was Marco's gang coming back for revenge."  I gritted my teeth at the mention of Marco's name, but I couldn't help the feeling that something was off about Derek.j

"That's why I'd always leave in the middle of the night and come back covered in blood" he shrugged "I was digging for answers in some not so pleasant places."

"But why not just leave it alone?  Why was it such a big deal, for all you knew it could have just been a random group of vamps or something" I offered and Derek just rung his hands nervously, which I noticed he'd been doing a lot since he'd gotten here.  But that's strange, Derek doesn't really have any nervous habits, mainly because Derek doesn't get nervous.  Something definatly isn't right here.

"Because I care about you Stiles" he gasped "I wasn't just going to stand around when they could be coming to hurt you."  Suddenly Derek lurched out of his seat and slammed his lips to mine and I couldn't help the thought that this was'nt right.  Derek wasn't normally this rough when he kissed me.  When he pulled away he was breathless, and it took everything in me to hide the worry on my face.

"Derek" I whispered with a faked smile "Do you remember when we first me?  I had been wondering around the forest late at night and you had told me that I shouldn't be out so late, because I never know what evil things are lurking around in the dark."

"Yeah, I have to say that was one of the best days in my life" Derek said "because I may not have realized it at the time, but I had finally met the love of my life."  That was when I was finally sure that this wasn't Derek, or at least not my Derek.  If this was Derek, he would've known that we didn't meet in the woods for the first time, we met in a dinner outside of town.  I forced myself to play it cool so that I could get the upper hand.

"Hey, just let me grab my wallet and we can talk some more over dinner" I offered with with the thought of my dagger in mind.  All I had to do was pull it out of my suitcase to defend myself.  Derek was the one who was so intent on me carrying it.  He said it would make him feel better about me being safe when he couldn't be around.

"Oh come on Stiles, you don't have to bring your wallet" He offered "I will gladly pay for you.  It's the least I can do to make it up to you all the lies and deceit."  I bit my lip as I thought about some excuse to get into my bag.

"Derek don't make me mad, I'm paying for my own damn meal" I grumbled and Derek just let out a deep throaty chuckle.

"You always have been stubborn, one of the things I love about you" he smiled and had to force myself to keep a straight face.  Whoever this was, was playing off Derek and I's relationship almost too cheesy.  I quickly turned around and dug my hands around in my bag until my fingers wrapped around the sheath of my dagger.  I quickly gripped the handle in the other hand and pulled my dagger out, spinning around and holding it to 'Derek's' face.

"How stupid do you think I am?" I growled "Who are you and what have you done with Derek?"

"Stiles" he frowned "Please don't do this, babe it's me."

"Oh don't you dare call me babe, asshole" I snarled "If you were really Derek, you'd at least realize that we didn't meet in the forest of all places."  I watched a smirk slowly started forming on Derek's lips.

"Wow Stiles, you really took your own sweet time figuring that out didn't you" the imposter chuckled lowly.

"Who are you?" I growled, ignoring his comment.

"Wow, you don't recognize me Stiles?  I'm deeply hurt" He frowned and I just gritted my teeth at him.

"Tell me" I demanded as I pressed the knife tighter to his neck, but not enough to break the skin.

"It's really cute that you think you can take me" He chuckled as his arms suddenly shot out, grabbing my wrist, twisting it causing me to drop the knife, and getting me in a choke hold "It's Marco, by the way."  I felt my blood run cold at his words before I felt a pounding pain in my head and everything went black...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so here is chapter 7!  I hope you all enjoyed and I'll try and update again really soon!  ^_^