Chapter 29: A familiar face

{STILES' POV}

"Hey sport, you ready to get going?" I heard my dad ask hesitantly from the doorway behind me.  It had been two days since the funeral and the doctors here had finally given the okay for me to go home.  I slowly turned from the window I was staring out, to look at my dad's half smiling, half frowning face.

"I guess" I whispered with a shrug.  I watched his face fall into a frown as he took a few steps forward until he was standing right in front of me.  We stood there just staring at each other for a few minutes before dad finally lurched forward, throwing his arms around me in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry Stiles, I'm so sorry" he whispered in a shaky voice "I never wanted this for you.  Never wanted you to go through the same pain that I went through when I lost your mom."  When we finally parted from the hug, dad looked at me with red rimmed eyes.

"Do you still miss her?" I quizzed in a soft voice, as we both walked over and sat beside each other on the small plain bed that had been labeled mine until today.

"Every day" he whispered "but it does get easier."  I pursed my lips as I stared at my lap, before looking up at him.

"How?" I sighed with sadness "how does something so painful become easier."

"When you realize that Derek wouldn't want you to be so sad" he stated with full glinting eyes "that despite his absence, he would still want you to live your life to the fullest.  That he would still want you to find the joy in life."

"That seems impossible" I scoffed, releasing a heavy breath.

"Well I'm not saying that you have to start being happy again right away" he offered "you take your time to grieve, however long that may be, and then you let yourself start to lighten up on its own.  You don't have to forget Derek... you just have to learn how to live without him."  I took a deep breath, and let it out, rubbing my hands on my face.

"Thanks dad, you always seem to know what to say" I smiled softly, giving him a hug.

"I'm a dad, I have to know what to say" he smiled back "now what do you say we head home.  I can even make some homemade casserole for dinner."

"Dad," I laughed lightly "you can't cook, remember."

"Right" he smirked "well then I guess we'll pick up pizza on the way home."  I shook my head with a smile as we both stood up from the bed and headed out the door of the small room...

{DEREK'S POV}

"You know, Hale?  I know we've been through some rough patches, but what do you say we call it good?" Marco asked with open arms and his usual cocky smirk.  It was like his version of resting bitch face.

"You're the reason I'm dead" I stated coldly "unless you've forgotten that when you possessed me I had to stab myself with a wolfs bane knife to get rid of you."  Marco took in a deep hissing breath.

"Ooooh.... riiiiight" he stated with a scrunched up nose "though I have to say, it was fun while it lasted.  Especially when I got to see Stiles fearful face when I made him think he was losing his mind."  That comment put my rage at an all time high, as I turned to Marco, grabbing him by the shirt and slamming him against the tree.

"Don't you dare talk shit about Stiles!" I snapped at him in a growled as I held him a foot off the ground against the tree.  He rose his hands with an evil smirk.

"Fine, that's fair, but remember that if you kill me, you'll never find the necromancer bitch to send you back to you damsel in distress" he pointed out and I snarled lightly.j

"I might not be able to kill you, but I can still beat the shit out of you and drag your ass to the necromancer" I threatened in a grunt before dropping him and returning in the direction we were walking in just moments ago.  I heard Marco chuckle behind me as he soon followed.

***

We eventually reached the necromacer's small hut about a half hour later.

"There it is, the bitch's hut" Marco chanted, gesturing to the small building tucked into the bushes.  I shook my head in disgust at him before marching up to the house.  I made my way up the steps and to the door, rapping my knuckles against it impatiently.  I only had to wait a few seconds before it opened up, and I was shocked to see who it was.

"Derek?" she gasped in suprise and I shook my head trying to wrap my head around it because I'd only ever seen her one other time that I could remember, and that was when I was saving Stiles from the spirit world.

"Claudia?" I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so there is Chapter 29.  I hope you all enjoyed and I'll try and update again really soon!  Thanks for reading!  ^_^