Chapter 30: You Seem A Bit... Upset?

{DEREK'S POV}

Claudia had eventually gotten both Marco and I sat down around a small coffee table as she began discussing the procedure on how to transfer our souls back to the living world.  I was trying to pay attention, I truly was, but I could stop thinking about how I was going to manage to ditch Marco before this all goes down.  Hell knows he won't let that go without a fight.

"I'm not letting you give him a free ride back Derek" I heard a whisper like wind inside my head.  I felt my back stiffen as I looked at Claudia but she didn't seem to notice.  She played it off as if nothing was going on.

"So get with it then, how are you sending us back?  Or are you just leading us on with this bullshit?" Marco grunted, cutting Claudia off on her lecture on the technicalities.

"Well, if you would've allowed me to finish, I would've gotten to that part" she stated in a calm tone as she folded her hands on the table.

"Yeah but I don't have time for you boring rules.  Just get onto the voodoo magic or whatever shit it is you do" he groaned, leaning back in his seat.

"I'm not sending him back Derek, I'm not letting him hurt my boy" I heard Claudia whisper across my mind again.  I pursed my lips as I considered how we were going to get rid of him, and then it hit me.

"Claudia, do you have everything you need to do the spell to send us back?" I quizzed urgently.  Her eyes turned stoney.

"Derek I may care about you because you love Stiles almost as much as I do, but I can't let you do this" I heard her state firmly in my mind. 

"Please Claudia, trust me" I begged "trust that I know exactly what I'm doing."

"What the hell are you guys going on about?" Marco quizzed impatiently.

"Answer the question, please" I urged her.

"If you don't tell me what's going on-" Marco started.

"Yes, I have everything" she informed me hesitantly.

"I swear to god I'll kill y-" Marco continued on until I spun toward him and snapped his neck.  His body crumpled and then slowly faded away.

"Okay, now you're going to want to hurry because Marco will be back here any minute, more pissed off than ever" I informed her as I turned back.  She nodded at me with pride in her eyes as she quickly gathered all kinds of ingredients off the shelves and measured out bits of each, tossing it into a small clay bowl.

I looked away for a second as I grabbed a small knife off of the desk in the corner and slicing my arm open so that there was a long red slit across it.  It stung but it was worth it for what I was going to do.  I turned around just in time for Claudia to start talking again.

"Okay, Derek the last thing I need is- what the hell did you just do?" she gasped as she finally saw the long cut on my arm.  I could feel myself slowly healing so I had to be quick.

"Come with me, Claudia" I begged.  She bit her lip, looking uncertain.

"I can't Derek" she shook her head, turning away,

"Yes you can Claudia, it would be the same thing as if you were sending Marco with me" I insisted but she shook her head insistently.

"NO, Derek... I really can't...." she sighed "Necromancers can't come back from the dead.  We are one with the dead Derek, and anyway, I've found my peace."

"Stiles technically came back that one time back when Marco was messing with us from the ghost plain" I pointed out.

"Yes, but that was the ghost plain Derek, it wasn't purgatory" she explained "and Stiles is only half necromancer, I don't know what all the differences are between full and half."

"But Claudia" I sighed in sadness "Marco's going to be coming back.  You'll be the first one he is going to come after."

"Just give me one of your picture memories and I'll send you back" she urged and I stood there torn for a moment, before finally giving in and handing her one from my pocket.

"Okay, now once I light this you should be teleported back as long as you keep your memory of Stiles at the forefront of you mind" she explained.  I nodded, my arm fully healed now as she dropped the picture into the bowl and lit the ingredients on fire.  Then everything went white...

{STILES' POV}

I pulled up to the diner outside of town.  It was the exact diner tied to one of my favorite memories.  It was the diner that I had first met Derek in.  I sighed as I quickly climbed out of the car and made my way inside.  It was exactly how I remembered it, if anything a little dustier.

I walked over and sat at the booth from before.  The leather seats and smoothness of the table did wonders to calmed me down.  It didn't take long for a waitress to come over.

"Hi, I'm Misty and I'll be your waiteress tonight.  What can I get you to drink?" she asked in a cheery voice.

"Uh, I'll take a hot chocolate I guess" I shrugged and her smile seemed to faulter at my sullen words, but she was quick to skip away.  I sighed as I folded my arms ontop of the table and rested my face in them.  I had been sitting there for about five minutes when I heard someone take a seat across from me.  I didn't bother to look up at him because I wasn't in the mood.

"Um, can I help you?" I murmured into my arms at the stranger who'd sat at the table.

"I would say yes, but it seems like your the one that needs more help" he offered "you seem a bit, what's the word... upset?"  I shot my head up at the familar words and voice only to see the last person I'd expect to see here.

"Derek?" I whispered out, my chest sinking.  I was probably hallucinating or something, but I don't give a crap anymore.  I watch a smile grow on his face and I swung around the table, and jumped ontop of him, causing him to fall to the side in the booth.

"I missed you too Stiles" he whispered into my neck without me even having to say anthing, and I began to cry into his shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so there is chapter thirty.  Thanks so much for reading and I will try to update again really soon!  Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!  ^_^