Chapter 25: I love you.... your sourwolf loves you

{STILES' POV}

I smiled up at Derek, my head resting gently in his lap as I picked at the grass on my sides.  His chiseled jaw was slack as he looked out over the beautiful scenery.  The soft green grass dotted with pastel flowers and rimmed with trees.

"Your so funny" I smirked with a light laugh.  Derek slowly took his eyes off the surroundings to look down at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he quizzed curiously.  I bit my lip and dropped my handfuls of grass, folding my hands on my stomach.

"It's just that you are always putting on this fake tough guy mask around everyone else... but out here it's like... well it's like you just forget about all the danger.  You finally seem to relax for once" I smiled happily.

"And that's a good thing?" he questioned with doubt.

"Well yeah, I mean, don't you think it's nice to just take a deep breath and relax every once in a while Derek?" I sighed "I know your always worried that something bad is going to happen, but can't we just enjoy the peace when it comes along."

"I have every reason to be worried about the next bad thing to come Stiles, because they always do come, sooner or later" Derek sighed exhausted "and about enjoying peace?  Stiles, we never get a moment of peace in this life, and we never will.  The sooner you accept that, the easier it get's to face the bad things."

"Why are you being such a sourwolf?" I groaned at his annoying negative attitude.  I crossed my arms across my chest, shutting my eyes and just basking in the sun.  Though the nice warmth of the sun only lasted so long until I felt a warm wet drop on my cheek.  I let out a long sigh.

"Does it really have to rain on a nice day like this" I grumbled, but kept my eyes shut, determined to soak up as much sun as I could before it started pouring.  I felt another drop, but ignored it, taking in a deep breath, only to have the crisp scent of spring be tinged with a scent like copper.  I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

"Ew, do you smell that?" I quizzed, but after a minute Derek still didn't answer.  Curious at his silence, I slowly open my eyes only to be stuck by the most horrifying sight.  Derek was just sitting there with a blank look on his face, blood coming out of his eyes, nose, and mouth.

"Derek!" I screamed, sitting bolt upright and spinning around to face him.  It was only then that he fell backwards and went still.  I finally realized what those warm drops on my face had really been...

Blood.

---

I jolted up right in the mental ward bed, choking on a scream that couldn't seem to find it's way past my lips.  I began to hyperventilate before I finally began to sob.  I drew my legs up to my chest, burying my face into my knees.

"He's gone" I hiccuped to myself, the only one who could ever truly feel my pain.  Even Bella had been a dead end, saying that she had gotten into enough shit down stairs after what she had done with me.  What with trying to resurrect the dead and all.  Not to mention my ability to see ghosts has seemed to vanish somehow as well.

Eventually my sobs came to an end and I slowly slid off of the bed onto shaky legs.  I stumbled over to the window, gripping the sill so tightly that my knuckles turned a pale white.  And I just stood there shaking as I gently tapped my forehead against the window over and over again.

I just continued on like that for what felt like hours before I abruptly spun around grabbing the flimsy desk chair and smashing it against metal foot board of my bed repeatedly.

"Why'd you leave!?  Why'd you leave me Derek!?" I screamed at the ceiling as two men in full white came rushing in, grabbing my arms and restraining me as I fell back into a fit of sobs.  They then injected the tranquilizer into my arms like I'd hoped.  At least it would keep the pain away for another few hours.  And my world slowly faded to black....

***

{DEREK'S POV}

I went to the small lopsided window of the room that mom had assigned me in the old run down house that they were using as a make shift base.  I placed the picture of Stiles and I on the window sill staring at it fondly.

"Derek, I'm sorry about mom" I heard Laura after a light knock on the empty doorway to the room "she's just been a little on edge lately."  I remembered back to mom yelling at me for holding onto Stiles.  I can easily say that the conversation didn't end well.  It ended with something along the lines of "you shouldn't even have a boyfriend in the first place Derek!"  I let out a deep sigh.

"Whatever" I muttered under my breath, not even bothering to turn and face her.

"Look Der, I'm sure she'll come around eventually" she prodded hopefully.

"No, Laura, she won't.  Have you met her?" I snapped "With it just having been Peter and myself for the longest time I never really thought of the possibility of having to come out to my parents, but this is exactly how I would've pictured it with her."  I spun around to see her flinch and I felt slightly bad.  I don't know why I'm yelling at Laura, it's not like it's her fault that mom hates Stiles.

"I'm sorry Laura" I sighed "I'm just a little stressed out.  I just miss him."  She nodded with a sigh as we both stood there staring anywhere but at one another silently.  I was about to turn back toward the window when I felt a sudden flutter within me and I looked up to see Laura's face widening.

"Derek you fading!" she chanted.

"Fading?  What the hell is that supposed to-"  I was cut off abruptly as the whole scene around me seemed to change and suddenly I was in a bland square room.  It took me a moment to adjust to the sudden change before I noticed that small form shaking on the bed and I heard small sobs.  I furrowed my brows until I heard the voice speak.

"He's gone" it hiccuped.  Stiles.  I rushed forward, wanting nothing more that to hug him, but my arms seemed to pass right through him.  I must be here in spirit form, but Stiles is a necromancer.  He should be able to hear me.

"Stiles!" I shouted eagerly, somehow knowing that I was the cause for his sobs.  I wanted so desperately to comfort him.  His sobs suddenly stopped and his head lift from his knees and my chest rose in anticipation for him to speak, but instead he just slid off the bed and walked over to the window.

"Stiles, can't you hear me?" I quizzed desperately, but he didn't even seem to notice my presence.  Why can't he hear me?  He has to hear me at the very least!  I watch his shaking figure bang his head against the window and it tugged at my heard every time his soft hair touched the hard glass.

I was about to turn away, unable to watch anymore when suddenly he spun around grabbing through my ghost to the chair behind me, and smashing the chair against the bed frame.

"Stiles!" I shouted abruptly in worry.

"Why'd you leave!?  Why'd you leave me Derek!?" he screamed upward, and I could feel my heart breaking for him.

"I'm right here Stiles" I whispered softly as two men rushed into the room, injecting him with what I assume is a tranq, because he immediately calmed down, and it didn't take long for him to go limp with sleep.  The men gently placed him back on the bed and exited the room, locking it behind them.

I sighed as I walked over to the bed, sitting beside Stiles slim body laying almost peacefully on the bed, but his face still seemed to be riddled with pain, even in sleep.

"What's happened to you Stiles" I whispered, my heart yearned to touch him even though I knew it was impossible.  My hand twitched forward hovering a foot from his cheek hesitantly.

"I love you.... your sourwolf loves you" I whimpered, knowing that if as a ghost I still had the ability to cry, that I'd be crying.  I slowly lowered my hand to his face but this time it didn't sink through, it rested against his skin.  My eyes widened and my heart beat picked up in speed but before I could even process what had happened, I was suddenly thrust back into the run down shack in purgatory, falling to my knees.

"Derek, oh my god.  I thought you were gone forever" I heard Laura gasp as she fell to her knees beside me on the wooden floor, grabbing my shoulders but I could only manage a few words.

"I touched him" I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so that's chapter 25.  I hope you all enjoyed and I'll try and update again real soon.  Thanks for reading the chapter!  ^_^